2024/25 Sean Dyche

Not sure why everyone is surprised by yesterday. Poor team selection taking the wind out of the sails of the fans an hour before kick off, no risks and subs too late.

Typical Dyche. A bang average manager some have made out to be a miracle worker rather than a manager who last year benefited from a league with some very poor teams in
Can't think of a manager who would have kept us last season. That's not say he is the correct manager to tap into an emotional last season at Goodison...

Dyche has credit in the bank for the past 2 seasons. I am however unsure as to why he's spent a large chunk of a limited budget on a centre back when there are other more pressing problem positions all over the squad. Also said centre back is left sat on the bench for a home game and we're hardly likely to see him start at Spurs next week. As for the Young situation, completely baffling as to how we're starting a season with him as right back.

Big Sam would have. Big Dunc would have. You can’t say because it didn’t happen. Opinion !!!
Big dunc definitely wouldn't have
Can say that because he is just clearly not cut out for premier league management, hence not doing good at Forest green rovers and managing in Scottish championship.

Big Sam's got equally the same negative tactics, but comes with the added downside of just completely stinking the place out.

Don't think it makes any difference. Pre season is about getting fit.
Brighton were better than us. We are gash. Playing real madrid in pre season would not have made any difference to having a 39 year old in the team and noone that can score. This squad were all 'fit' middle of last season when we were utter tripe aswell.
Just a thought, instead of having two of his legendary 'Gaffers Days' he may have spent the time more productively by practicing passing the ball to each other, crossing, finishing and drilled the squad tactically, you know, little things like that. The running up and down the sand hills at Ainesdale school of pre season work went out with Harry Catterick.

While I admire the job he did keeping us up last season and I hope he repeats the feat this season, under no circumstances should he gat a new contract this summer. He can't even complain about not getting his signings in early enough this season, Ndaiye, Lindstroem and O'Brien were all here in time to feature in our pre season and yet, they had to sit and watch Doucoure, Keane and McNeil on the pitch in the first premier league game of the season.

Even tho we had the second best defence in the league last season and won 5 on the bounce end of last season, beating our neighbours in the process, and comfortably avoiding relegation with two pts deductions? That's not 'being better' to you?
I mean us being better than the year before. We need to see progression on last season.

Yesterday was a backwards step and our recruitment hasn't made any sense either.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back