2024/25 Sean Dyche

That’s an unrelated statistic.
Like I said, if his remit is to achieve premiership survival with reduction of investment he has earned that.
The fan would set a different remit obviously.
Where has this 'he was hired to keep us in the Premier League' thing come from?

So he's doing the bare minimum then? Is that what you want? Someone doing the bare minimum?

Ashley Young is hired to play for Everton FC, does that mean he is doing a good job? Or does he get judged on level of performance?

I think we're too reactionary as fans.
Absolutely this GOT, what happened to critical thinking and forming opinions taking all circumstances into account?

Nobody wants Sean Dyche.

He's not fashionable, and I think that's partly why so many are particularly reactionary to him. Calling for managers like Potter, who have an even lower win rate than Dyche.

I'm seeing posts like this;

... and most, on shouty social media - agree.

But c'mon.

When he come in - 99% had us as down. We were down and out. Don't make me post the league table before he come in, and the immediate fixture list and us having no striker again...

Irrelevant as we play hoofball (sic!)
2 seasons on the bounce we relied on the last home game of the season to stay up.

If people said after Bournemouth, we're going to sell more than we buy, and get massive point deduction - after the previous 2 years you'd again write us off as down.
Yup!
He earned 48 points last season - that's massive progress from the 24 months before him.
That's some measure of progress
We then again, sold more than we bought.

What's changed to make 95% approval of the manager (our survey at the end of last season). The consensus on social was the fella should have been in manager of the year shouts.

What has changed is - 4 league games. 3 Including Brighton, and Aston Villa and Spurs away.
Good post GOT, and as you say;

Brighton at home has been a mixed bag of late.
Spurs away, with our injuries at the time especially. A point would have been exceptional.
Bournemouth was an anomaly for several reasons
Villa away, we lucked out and got two goals against the run of play, and when Villa shifted up a couple of gears we were well beaten I'd go as far as saying we were being beaten when we took the lead!
Soton is a complete outlier, again for lots of reasons.

Keep the faith until we really need change, or we've achieved what we need to achieve, i.e. EPL survival.
It's mad, really.
Yes it certainly is...

And getting madder by the day

Nah sorry GOT, it's inbuilt in my browser, and enhanced by adblock.

Why can't I use the site with ad-blocking protection?

Yeah, that's how adblocks work. I have one too, I just disable it on selected sites. We rely on ads to keep the site online, and to fund any development costs to implement things like what you tagged me into yesterday suggesting. So I'll regularly encourage people to disable it. If enough fans don't voluntarily disable adblock, we'll need to enable a feature that'll restrict page views - 30 per day, until it's disabled.

@GrandOldTeam can your forum do a count of how many posts each person has made in this thread?

No because tightarses like you and @Blue Tumbleweed don't disable adblock x

Not hating Dyche doesn't equal Dyche lover. It's not a one or the other extremity.
This guy is not an Everton manager. He is disliked by the majority of fans, he is so out of touch with the club and fans , after the Derby he went home and went asleep, we all did but we also enjoyed the win.

He is a terrible manager, getting outplayed by Southampton at H, unbelievable. The last 2 press conferences he has compared himself to Pep & Carlo 🤣🤣🤣

Yeah, that's how adblocks work. I have one too, I just disable it on selected sites. We rely on ads to keep the site online, and to fund any development costs to implement things like what you tagged me into yesterday suggesting. So I'll regularly encourage people to disable it. If enough fans don't voluntarily disable adblock, we'll need to enable a feature that'll restrict page views - 30 per day, until it's disabled.

No because tightarses like you and @Blue Tumbleweed don't disable adblock x
Can vouch that the ads here arent much of an issue or eyesore either.
This guy is not an Everton manager. He is disliked by the majority of fans, he is so out of touch with the club and fans , after the Derby he went home and went asleep, we all did but we also enjoyed the win.

He is a terrible manager, getting outplayed by Southampton at H, unbelievable. The last 2 press conferences he has compared himself to Pep & Carlo 🤣🤣🤣

You seem to be taking things a bit too literal.

Not saying those difficult circumstances aren't there mate, problem for me is when they are all rolled out in defence of Dyche.
Yes they are given because of the situation the club is in at the moment and are for everyone at the club, those at boardroom level, DOF, yes for Dyche as well and his squad of players but most of all for us fans who suffer and feel the pain more than any of the above because we love the club more than those.

Did anyone report the existence of this clause other than a claim apparently made by Bobble? Mad to see the manager even address it if so.

Sure he said it would cost that with all his staff not just dyche, also well the mess we have paid out to other managers koeman martinez ect we have previous under this owner

Still struggling to see what everyone is fuming about.

I get it though. Everyone hates dyche now so you have to pick apart everything he says.

Not the first manager to have that happen to, won’t be the last.

I wonder how many people actually watch these interviews and press conferences, or do you all just go off twitter?

Anyway, looking forward to Farhad Moshiri picking another manager.

Yay.
I watch every single one and hate him more each passing one.

I'm not one to stick up for the bobble.
But he's not going to say 'yeah, I've got a nice big pay off if i get sacked, so I'm sorted either way'
Yeah I've no idea what the truth is and you wouldn't necessarily get it from Dyche....I just found it weird that he's being asked at all about a clause I've only seen rumoured on here via something Bobble apparently said. I'm not sure any publication has reported he has the clause so it's weird he's having to deny it.

He was brought in to keep us in the PL and he did keep us up despite point deductions. The problem is that should have been the end of his reign with a job done and thank you and he should have gone at the end of last season. This season has been a complete disaster. He is in full on self preservation mode now with everything that happens and everything that gets said and its not good for anyone and it's only getting worse. I don't know where the next win is coming from. The sooner we are taken over and have competent people running the club the better. Cannot come soon enough for me.

You still here
Gets loads wrong does the bobble, but I can’t name them for you.
Instead I will just post a load of weird [Poor language removed],
Because I’m not a full schilling
Yep, not likely to be going anywhere soon BB

I am a little confused by the highlighted but though; why would you admit to that?

Also I'm puzzled as your forum handle says 'blueboy72' but using an archaic spelling of the more contemporary 'Shilling'?

Yep, not likely to be going anywhere soon BB

I am a little confused by the highlighted but though; why would you admit to that?

Also I'm puzzled as your forum handle says 'blueboy72' but using an archaic spelling of the more contemporary 'Shilling'?
Standard to pick out a spelling fault or someone’s grammar when you’ve lost the football discussion. 👍 nice one Einstein

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back