2024/25 Sean Dyche

Where have I lost the football discussion bb?

I love all these personal attacks? You feeling hurt over something?

Keep the insults coming, it's not like you add much to the debate anyway with your ingrained and fixed opinions.

Good wishes bb
You haven’t got a clue what your taking about and have nothing to back up your argument, dyche plays different styles apparently, but I’m not seeing much proof of that, 400 games averages a goal a game, has consistently low possession stats, plays with a big centre forward, and boots it long, is mostly dangerous off set pieces, never wins when we concede first, never won at goodison when the opposition score, horrendous in game management and substitutions.

The one time he tried to attack a team we lost 6-0, after 400 games he can’t set up a team to attack. That’s why he sets up the way he does. Hes a one trick pony, and that trick is out of date.

GX5xChFW8AAJGXE.webp

Sadly not for me. People harp on like he pulled off 2 great escapes and worked for free. For his crazy salary and experience, he did the job expected.

This season so far he's been utter garbage and his excuses simply pathetic.

Who has intimated he’s worked for free? He’s paid a very high salary because we were in dire straits when he negotiated it. The salary reflects the risk profile of the job he took on at the time and ultimately all the issues he’s had to contend with (whether people on here choose to acknowledge them or not it doesn’t mean they don’t exist)

Squad quality, comparative net spend, injuries, points deductions, PS&R. I know in nsno fantasy land none of these apparently should matter (although they oddly do for any other managers) but in the real world they do actually have an impact on team performance.

i don’t read many people intimating he’s doing this for free

He needs to start including trigger warnings in his press conferences. You can’t just go around saying things like ‘grass’ ‘nuts and bolts’ ‘experience’ without any concern for how people will have their lives ruined by this.

Stop touching your forehead and don’t clean your throat, it’s very distressing for people.
Think it’s dyche that’s distressed, he’s gone full self preservation. Knows the fans want him out, he’s won 5 games since December 23, doesn’t know to stop the rot or change the story, quite funny how he’s constantly says change the story, but he can’t change the story. He’s a deadman walking and he knows it. The wigan or Bolton jobs will
Be available soon

Trying to be balanced - although I would like Dyche to go, I also would say that if he went today his contribution to the club would be overall more positive than most of the managers who have gone before in recent years, and I include Carlo in that. Turning around the Lampard season was a huge feat, and navigating us calmly and successfully through the points deduction season was hugely important.

If we went now I'd say he's done a good job for us and should be thanked. That doesn't mean he should necessarily continue- things are declining quickly, and it feels like he is tiring of the job and the players are tiring of him. Him and his small staff have their limitations and you don't want those to become the limitations of the club in the longer term, so maybe this is the right time for a change.

But some of the SHEER RAGE being flung in his direction is pretty unnecessary, he has done more good than harm for the club while he's been here.

Agreed.

Turned it around without bringing players in initially.
Kept us safe with an unprecedented 8 point deduction.
Derby win at home for the first time in 15 years.

That's not defending the start of the season being grim, but folks are now jumping on everything he says, interpretating and reading into things (I saw PED talking about the framing of press conference indicating things are against him FFS) that then gathers in the crowd and the fanbase that then filters on the pitch (booing a 17 year old for passing is backwards midweek for eg).

The minute the fanbase fully turn, he's done and that's regardless of wins. A fair few aren't willing to give him the time to turn it round when we're on 4 games in.

1 win (if results go out way) puts us 15th.

He's in trouble i'd imagine if all the players who were "unavailable" for our cup exit on Tuesday play and we get beat again. To forfeit any professional game is sackable, especially when that could have been the last cup game at Goodison ever. No sympathy at all if it pans out that way.
I recall Lampard doing that when we played Bournemouth twice in a week and got tonked something like 7-1 on aggregate.

Think it’s dyche that’s distressed, he’s gone full self preservation. Knows the fans want him out, he’s won 5 games since December 23, doesn’t know to stop the rot or change the story, quite funny how he’s constantly says change the story, but he can’t change the story. He’s a deadman walking and he knows it. The wigan or Bolton jobs will
Be available soon

Unlike quite a few on here, Dyche is a realist

He knew when he took the job that this wasn’t a long term opportunity. He could have taken us down and been fired, he could have been fired by lunatic Moshiri at any point, the club had fired 6 managers before him all within 18 months, any new owner could have picked the club up and turfed him out.

Its probably why he wanted a sky high salary to compensate him for it

The fact people are now saying any manager could come in and keep us up easily with this squad is proof that the job has been done because when he arrived in Jan 2023 that was not a squad many people were confident in not being one of the three worst in the league.

Dyche knows full well he’s in the end game now. Whether there’s some bad results and he goes early or he wins a few and it’s the end of the season, he’s more than likely going regardless.

If people want to deny he’s ever done anything good here ever, or get weirdly hung up on how he touches his head or says the word ‘noise’, then they can burst their own blood vessels getting bent out of shape on that one, it doesn’t change the reality of what has happened

The history books will read:

Kept us in the prem, reduced the wage bill, increased player trading profits, navigated two points deductions

Sadly not for me. People harp on like he pulled off 2 great escapes and worked for free. For his crazy salary and experience, he did the job expected.

This season so far he's been utter garbage and his excuses simply pathetic.

Earlier I've said how we can be reactionary, and have short memories. People are too quick to rewrite history.

If I search your posts prior to Dyche, I guarantee you'll be saying things like it would be a miracle if we stayed up, or at the least certainly talking up the likelihood of relegation. I also think the day we hire him, you're saying the squad needs major surgery and transfers. We've not spent a bean since he come in - making big profit instead. I also think you'll mention how get any manager in to play any style as long as we stay up.

Agreed.

Turned it around without bringing players in initially.
Kept us safe with an unprecedented 8 point deduction.
Derby win at home for the first time in 15 years.

That's not defending the start of the season being grim, but folks are now jumping on everything he says, interpretating and reading into things (I saw PED talking about the framing of press conference indicating things are against him FFS) that then gathers in the crowd and the fanbase that then filters on the pitch (booing a 17 year old for passing is backwards midweek for eg).

The minute the fanbase fully turn, he's done and that's regardless of wins. A fair few aren't willing to give him the time to turn it round when we're on 4 games in.

1 win (if results go out way) puts us 15th.

Exactly. There’s also the reality of a new owner coming in soon and make than likely picking his own manager. So if we beat Leicester at the weekend and play well do we then fire him? Probably not. Suddenly not knee jerking after 4 games might have saved us a lot of money.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back