2024/25 Sean Dyche

Didn't read the rest.

But.....isn't that the opposite to what football is? That little bit of taking you away from everything for 90 minutes?
Fun, excitement, normally shy timid types yelling till there voice is horse?

Realism shouldn't always be seen as a positive.

'They say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one'

I expect managers to make the best use of what they have.

The facts are we are the only club over the past five seasons running a player trading profit and a significant one at that.

We are continuously selling our best players and looking for the DOF and manager to reinvest in cheaper players yet keep improving results.

We had multiple points deductions last season

We have a chaotic ownership structure that could change at any moment and no permanent board of directors

These are facts, not some pro Dyche propaganda that I’ve invented, they’re the reality of the club. They are conditions which make it difficult for any manager to be successful here.

Some people are saying it’s not an achievement staying up because every Everton manager has done it. There’s surely a difference though between Carlo Ancelotti staying in the league with a transfer war chest and James, Richarlison, Allan, Mina Digne etc. over a full season than Dyche coming in with 18 games to a team in the bottom 3 with no fit senior striker.

Surely, surely, people recognise these situations are different? There’s a lot of people just spewing utter hatred for Dyche with no semblance of context whatsoever.

Everything he’s done which is good he got lucky or is down to Thelwell or the fans

Everything bad is conclusive proof of what a dinosaur he is

It’s just an inane argument

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back