2024/25 Sean Dyche

First game of the season , home advantage over a decent Brighton side, Dyche had a big chance to set his stall out for the season ahead, he failed.
We played for the 1-0 win as he always does.
Conservative/ unimaginative team selection .
Surrendering possession.
Lack of invention.
Ineffective/ poor ingame management .
Second to the ball too many times despite alleged concentration on fitness.
Once they scored the game was effectively over.
His teams, his style lacks resilience to fashion a come back , even with home advantage.
All in all , it looks like we are going to leave Goodison and enter BMD, slinking out and in like a mangy , cowed dog .
Like the man , dislike the manager.
Never in a million years is he an Everton manager.
Along with Allardyce and Benitez his appointment is evidence of gross dereliction of duty by those who administer this once great club.
I agree and this is the thing as though isn’t it. We criticise the players for seemingly giving up (and rightly so) but the fans think the same thing….that once we conceded first there is a good chance we are getting nothing from the game.

Imagine having to play in a team where you know, after conceding first you could pull your tripes out (and they should be professional to do so) but it’s nearly 100% certain that 3 points are gone, as because we are essentially impotent in an attacking sense. It must be a little frustrating for the players as well if I am being a little empathetic.

Well, as pointed out above, he's in the final year of his contract and the club aren;t talking to him about renewal. So that in and of itself is a terrible 'contribution' to the state of affairs with Dyche and his future should be a priority as well as getting a RB and CF in.

This club cant lurch like this from destabilsation to destabilisation.
He’s a necessary evil this season. He’ll grind his way (horrible mental image) to safety and that’ll be good enough for us. Next season though, new stadium, new owner, hopefully some funds - wouldn’t be offering him a new deal. See it out to the summer and thank him for his service. Criminal to let him lead us into the new stadium.

I've not paid any attention to Dyche's post match. Judging by posts, he's called out the fans or something? What did he say?
From what I've read on twitter, when asked about fans leaving early, he said something like "it seems like reality at this football club. If you're not winning and not doing well that's what happens."

I've bolded that one part because I've seen some tweets with and without that particular part, so not sure what the real one is. I can't see the video myself being outside of uk but suspect the bold part is real which is why everyone is fuming haha

I agree and this is the thing as though isn’t it. We criticise the players for seemingly giving up (and rightly so) but the fans think the same thing….that once we conceded first there is a good chance we are getting nothing from the game.

Imagine having to play in a team where you know, after conceding first you could pull your tripes out (and they should be professional to do so) but it’s nearly 100% certain that 3 points are gone, as because we are essentially impotent in an attacking sense. It must be a little frustrating for the players as well if I am being a little empathetic.
He doesn’t deviate from the game plan; and yesterday’s gameplan was cross field switches to Harrison and pressing their front line.

Brighton snuffed that out within 30 minutes. Yet we continued to ping it out to Harrison even though he then had 2 men on him.

His counter was to put Dom over there to win the aerial dual.

And we wonder why we had one shot on target in 99 minutes of football

Frustrating that he persists with the same to players who have consistently let us down.

Holgate, Keane and Young should not be anywhere near that squad.
To be fair I don’t think we’re able to sell either Keane or Holgate. That doesn’t excuse him from playing them though. As for Young there’s no excuses for offering him another 12month contract.

I feel a bit sorry for Keane, Holgate, Young et al. The club and Dyche have made them scapegoats/the face of mediocrity and for everyone to channel their distaste at the club with when really they should be nowhere near a starting lineup on the first day of the season.

From what I've read on twitter, when asked about fans leaving early, he said something like "it seems like reality at this football club. If you're not winning and not doing well that's what happens."

I've bolded that one part because I've seen some tweets with and without that particular part, so not sure what the real one is. I can't see the video myself being outside of uk but suspect the bold part is real which is why everyone is fuming haha
He definitely said it.

Screenshot from the BBC vid with subtitles:

IMG_1310.webp

Just a thought, instead of having two of his legendary 'Gaffers Days' he may have spent the time more productively by practicing passing the ball to each other, crossing, finishing and drilled the squad tactically, you know, little things like that. The running up and down the sand hills at Ainesdale school of pre season work went out with Harry Catterick.

While I admire the job he did keeping us up last season and I hope he repeats the feat this season, under no circumstances should he gat a new contract this summer. He can't even complain about not getting his signings in early enough this season, Ndaiye, Lindstroem and O'Brien were all here in time to feature in our pre season and yet, they had to sit and watch Doucoure, Keane and McNeil on the pitch in the first premier league game of the season.
No need to worry. The club is bankcrupt, we can't afford to give him or the DOF a new contract. Lucky to get Rooney as our next manager or some other national league no hoper.

Well, as pointed out above, he's in the final year of his contract and the club aren;t talking to him about renewal. So that in and of itself is a terrible 'contribution' to the state of affairs with Dyche and his future should be a priority as well as getting a RB and CF in.

This club cant lurch like this from destabilsation to destabilisation.

The ownership picture is the most importantly issue at the club now that needs to be resolved. We’re in a holding pattern until that’s resolved. Fortunately we’ve been in the PL during this period and might just limp into the new stadium but we’ve still probably got 12-24 months of this before anything substantial changes at the macro level.

New owner, new board of directors, resolution on DOF and manager positions, another year of PS&R easing, a gradual improvement of the squad within PS&R limits over a couple of windows. That’s all just to see us stable in the prem in a new stadium. At that point a new structure might have been in place long enough to start turning the dial but everything until that point is just different shades of how do you like your mid table?

We’ll lose some weeks, we’ll win some weeks, we’ll end up probably similar to where we were in the table last season. People can vent their spleen if they want over individual games, moments, decisions, but honestly even if we’d won 3-0 yesterday it isn’t changing that overall bigger picture unfortunately. Until Moshiri and Textor (or another) come to an agreement, we remain in this limbo.

That's not true, as the last 20 months or so have underlined.
How is this not true? Are we taking this on a sample of Benitez, Lampard and Dyche... All absolutely woeful appointments!

Dyche is the best of them 3 but that really isn`t saying alot is it?

Dyche home record, won 12 of 29... I don`t know another fanbase that would accept that sort of statistic... some of our fans really want to accept crap, yes NSNO should be scrapped, it has never been the motto of this club for at least 3 or 4 decades.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back