2024/25 Sean Dyche

He doesn’t deviate from the game plan; and yesterday’s gameplan was cross field switches to Harrison and pressing their front line.

Brighton snuffed that out within 30 minutes. Yet we continued to ping it out to Harrison even though he then had 2 men on him.

His counter was to put Dom over there to win the aerial dual.

And we wonder why we had one shot on target in 99 minutes of football
Yep completely one dimensional and no in game adjustment. I do wonder whether clubs when they appoint managers actually look at managers 90 minute performances. It’s not just the players who should perform but also the manager, but I think this guy thinks his job is done come kick off.

That was the difference with Ferguson - it was mentioned quite often that he could be worth 10 points difference per season, in the way he could change a game and whilst I appreciate it helps if you have the players to do this, we still at least need to see an attempt to affect change even if it doesnt work.

I agree and this is the thing as though isn’t it. We criticise the players for seemingly giving up (and rightly so) but the fans think the same thing….that once we conceded first there is a good chance we are getting nothing from the game.

Imagine having to play in a team where you know, after conceding first you could pull your tripes out (and they should be professional to do so) but it’s nearly 100% certain that 3 points are gone, as because we are essentially impotent in an attacking sense. It must be a little frustrating for the players as well if I am being a little empathetic.
In 29 attempts Dyche has never won a game at Goodison where the opposition has scored, all 12 wins have come from clean sheets.

So if the opposition score a goal at home you know 100% of the time we won`t win.

Well, as pointed out above, he's in the final year of his contract and the club aren;t talking to him about renewal. So that in and of itself is a terrible 'contribution' to the state of affairs with Dyche and his future should be a priority as well as getting a RB and CF in.

This club cant lurch like this from destabilsation to destabilisation.
I agree, if he is not going to be offered a new deal (zero chance he will, there would be a riot if he was), he is likely to not care whether we get relegated or not, and put even less effort in than he is now.

Well, as pointed out above, he's in the final year of his contract and the club aren;t talking to him about renewal. So that in and of itself is a terrible 'contribution' to the state of affairs with Dyche and his future should be a priority as well as getting a RB and CF in.

This club cant lurch like this from destabilsation to destabilisation.
I agree it’s a difficult situation to be in but it may come down to a stark, short term (avoid relegation) v long term (don’t want to tie new owners to it) decision to make so I agree it’s not great but conversely, in the way we talk about players, playing for an extension or a move away, he needs to perform at an acceptable level to show he is worthy of a new contract or so he can attract other potential suitors. (Same with Thelwell)

He’s done ok so far for us, but yesterday’s selection (albeit for only one game) hasn’t instilled a lot of confidence that he remains open to learning and change and then his subtle post match comments just added fuel to the fire. We are undoubtedly in a very precarious position.

In 29 attempts Dyche has never won a game at Goodison where the opposition has scored, all 12 wins have come from clean sheets.

So if the opposition score a goal at home you know 100% of the time we won`t win.
12 defeats at GP under Dyche from his 29 home games...

We`ve lost to :-

Villa
Fulham x2
Newcastle
Man City x 2
Wolves
Arsenal
Luton
Man Utd
West Ham
Brighton

In them 12 defeats we have scored 5 and conceded 29, GD -24

My point is the home games should be your bread and butter and a steady source of points, Dyche has taken 41 points at home from a possible 87.

So many things tactically wrong yesterday and some of it due to lack of recruitment in the right areas and some of it due to poor players not being replaced.
Michael Kean went AWOL on about 5 occasions, we had no pace on the wings, don’t even get me started on the right back situation.
The DOF and the manager have failed miserably here on the recruitment .
Even the fans have known for years what’s been needed.
Thank god they only have 1 year left but I feel unless we get some players in it will be too late.

I agree, if he is not going to be offered a new deal (zero chance he will, there would be a riot if he was), he is likely to not care whether we get relegated or not, and put even less effort in than he is now.

Definitely needs to go then...

we are a rudderless ship SD basically runs the club

until new owners come and make there own decision

Needs to knock off the sarcasm when he's talking about fan reaction to onfield matters.

I support him and know he's our best bet to keep us safe, but he's not doing himself any favours with some of his off-hand comments pre-season and then again yesterday.

He should stfu about constantly saying any of our players will go if a bid decent enough comes in as well, that's just creating a negative feeling and can see players getting in the blower to agents after he says it

Yes we all know it, but repeating it as nauseam like he does is for one purpose - to reinforce how difficult he has it here and how great he's doing under that many constraints.

Simply put, that difficult, don't like the fans reaction to an embarrassing performance, then do one, see what level of club your next job will be at.

Guys at the biggest club he ever will be, time he respected that.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back