2024/25 Sean Dyche

I hope you're taking note @davek ... "the Kenwright effect"

4 defeats and 1 draw is totally unacceptable and inexcusable

My standards haven't dropped @davek

I'm as much annoyed by Dyche's stupid "last season" comments and Thelwell going on about Dele Alli 🙄

Shambolic stuff from both of them

Both need to pull their fingers out @davek 😡

I take note of ALL data. For that reason I see Dyche as the one who keeps us free from relegation given his record so far. I also remember the turmoil we were in before he arrived with a revolving managerial door that brought instability.

In short, I'm in favour of:

1/ not getting relegated

2/ stability.

When you and others are still pissing your kecks about us not losing yesterday, frustrating your plans of installing a new manager (pie in the 'kin sky btw, because he won't be getting sacked and paid up anytime soon with 9 months left on his contract), I see that as a positive sign that we're getting more focused and picking up the points we should have secured thus far this season. (We made a similar bad start last season and ended up winning 48 points.)

The more you and your fellow manager haters are whining the better it'll be for the rest of us, because it'll mean were picking up points.

I take note of ALL data. For that reason I see Dyche as the one who keeps us free from relegation given his record so far. I also remember the turmoil we were in before he arrived with a revolving managerial door that brought instability.

1/ not getting relegated

2/ stability.

When you and others are still pissing your kecks about us not losing yesterday, frustrating your plans of installing a new manager (pie in the 'kin sky btw, because he won't be getting sacked and paid up anytime soon with 9 months left on his contract), I see that as a positive sign that we're getting more focused and picking up the points we should have secured thus far this season. (We made a similar bad start last season and ended up winning 48 points.)

The more you and your fellow manager haters are whining the better it'll be for the rest of us, because it'll mean were picking up points.
Your defence of Dyche is stability and not getting relegated? For a manager that has been relegated twice previously...

Reading your post you are absolutely made up we drew, 1 point from 15 this season, unfortunately many many Evertonians don`t share such low standards.

His record is abysmal, he is up there with our worst and should never have been appointed in the 1st place, appointing Dyche keeps us in this perpetual relegation fight because it is proven he operates at the same level regardless of personnel and it is not a level good enough IMO.

5 wins in 31 in all comps
23 points taken from the last 75 available
70 points from 180 overall

The guy is crap, better managers gets much more from this side and I include Moyes in that.

Time for the ones like yourself who are burying your head in the sand to see what is plainly clear, Dyche needs to go.

How many wins do you think this Everton team should realistically demand in 27 games?

Within those 27 games are also 9 draws including away to Villa, Newcastle, Brighton and at home to Spurs.

In terms of personnel, on paper, I think we have one of the 3 least desirable squads in the Premier League.

Dyche needs to do better, but that's what he's been given to work with, all while selling our best players and shopping in Food banks in the transfer market.
Your ambition is not even on the floor mate, is I bet the floor, you sound like a young football fan, who doesn’t support Everton and see’s us along side the like of palace, Brentford and Bournemouth etc. and think that we fight relegation every year, where’s your standards for Everton football club?

Thankfully there’s still some Everton fans around who expect better. I kept reading from the dyche apologists last season that it was a championship squad, well we finished 13th, this in not one of worst 3 squads, that’s a ridiculous thing to say. And how many games do you think we should win in 27? Wining 5 is a sackable offence. He’d have got sacked at every other club

Even at Burnley the club who thought he was a god and named a pub after him, sacked him for 4 wins in 30, unfortunately it was too late and they went down. Let’s hope the idiots running our club don’t leave it to late.

Your defence of Dyche is stability and not getting relegated? For a manager that has been relegated twice previously...

Reading your post you are absolutely made up we drew, 1 point from 15 this season, unfortunately many many Evertonians don`t share such low standards.

His record is abysmal, he is up there with our worst and should never have been appointed in the 1st place, appointing Dyche keeps us in this perpetual relegation fight because it is proven he operates at the same level regardless of personnel and it is not a level good enough IMO.

5 wins in 31 in all comps
23 points taken from the last 75 available
70 points from 180 overall

The guy is crap, better managers gets much more from this side and I include Moyes in that.

Time for the ones like yourself who are burying your head in the sand to see what is plainly clear, Dyche needs to go.
I read the stuff churned out by you and your cohorts and realise you'd rather any stability built up over the last 20 moths or so were ditched i favour of another feverish period of manager sacking and embarrassing managerial searches that throw up the next exotic name.

It makes me shudder to think of it.

In the next few weeks you and the others will be piped right down, and not before time. In the meantime I'll enjoy a well earned opening point to the season and see it as a contribution toward survival while you just become more toxic over changing a manager who is pretty much fireproof with a board who won't sack a manager 9 months from avoiding handing him a pay off.

BTW, Id continue with Dyche and hand him another contract if he keeps us up again. He's safety to me. And my biggest fear is relegation.

Last edited:

Oh and @blueboy72 - here is you, a few days before that same survey.

There's you, saying he overachieved last season.

Better players will allow more open football. Ndiaye underlines that. But there's not enough of that quality. Look at Lindstrom who, on the evidence so far, looks very hit and miss in terms of being potent.

Dyche needs to stick to his principles and not be said, otherwise we end up falling between two stools and getting ourselves in trouble in games, as we have been doing.
He doesn’t play the way to get the best of of these players, he averages the 2nd lowest possession stats for the season l. 2 of Ndaiye’s starts we’ve had 25% and he’s hardly had a kick in the game.

We seem it with Onana totally wasted under this manager, but flourishing under a very good one. Thelwell should be buying player for the next manager, not wasting money on players that suit dyche. Ndaiye falls into that category

I read the stuff churned out by you and your cohorts and realise you'd rather any stability built up over the last 20 moths or so were ditched i favour of another feverish period of manager sacking and embarrassing managerial searches that throw up the next exotic name.

It makes me shudder to think of it.

In the next few weeks you and the others will be piped right down, and not before time. In the meantime I'll enjoy a well earned opening point to the season and see it as a contribution tour survival while you just become more toxic over changing a manager who is pretty much fireproof with a board who won't sack a manager 9 months from avoiding handing him a pay off.

BTW, Id continue with Dyche and hand him another contract if he keeps us up again. He's safety to me. And my biggest fear is relegation.
We can have differing opinion, mine is sticking with Dyche is the very thing that would bring about the very thing we both fear because if we went down we would be fighting for our existence with the huge debts saddled on the club.

Yes I`d like a progressive manager but even if it was Moyes you know he`d get more points than Dyche and he has a much much higher ceiling.

Just look at the subs today! Takes off our most threatening player at 1-1 with 15 minutes to play, unfortunately Dyche plays games "not to lose" rather than starting each game to win... there is a reason like managers of his ilk i.e. Mourinho and Allardyce have all been left behind and pretty useless in the modern game.

1/ not getting relegated

2/ stability.

With Dyche you don't get stability you get consistency.

He consistently didn't win with Burnley, 3 wins in 30
And consistently hasn't won at Everton, 5 wins 27 games

He has only won 4 games in Aug in his 10 years as a manager

So he is consistent

Team can't defend and players look unfit compared to opposition. Dyche can't even put out side that can achieve his own turgid repeted clichés that he has nailed his self promoted reputation too. He has got defensive acumen of Marinez, and fitness regime called Van der Meyde.

He doesn’t play the way to get the best of of these players, he averages the 2nd lowest possession stats for the season l. 2 of Ndaiye’s starts we’ve had 25% and he’s hardly had a kick in the game.

We seem it with Onana totally wasted under this manager, but flourishing under a very good one. Thelwell should be buying player for the next manager, not wasting money on players that suit dyche. Ndaiye falls into that category
The only doubt so far this season with Dyche for me is that he looks to be trying a hybrid style that might need a lot of time to bed in: mixing set pieces and open play and shoehorning in players into the team that can manage to switch between styles.

That might be getting too cute at this stage. It may have contributed to our inability to stay disciplined and defend leads.

But overall I'm backing Dyche to get his method sorted out before the autumn ends and we can get more points on the board.

With Dyche you don't get stability you get consistency.

He consistently didn't win with Burnley, 3 wins in 30
And consistently hasn't won at Everton, 5 wins 27 games

He has only won 4 games in Aug in his 10 years as a manager

So he is consistent
Burnley were a stable PL club when he was there for the most part. Everton have been stable so far.

Yes, there'll be a run of losses and then wins, but overall the club will be kept free from the drop.

1/ not getting relegated

2/ stability.

There’s been bad results but we’ve been competitive performance wise in every game except Spurs. Over the course of a season that keeps us up no question. At the moment it’s poor finishing and some individual defensive errors that are stopping us sitting mid table comfortably. Dyche has shown he can fix the defensive errors as he did last season.

What the anti manager brigade don’t seem to understand is that no one’s aspiration, standards or want for their team is anything less than winning the title, every Everton fan wants that, but recognising the benefit of stability and moving us out of this sticky financial period whilst Moshiri owns us is not mutually exclusive to also wanting the best for Everton.

The ‘logic’ of the bedwetting illiterati on here though sadly is this: doesn’t see any short term benefit in sacking Dyche = a response of they’re not my standards, I believe in NSNO.

You have people willing to put the entire future of the club in jeopardy though because they don’t like the way an adult man says the word grass. There’s only so much credence you can give their opinion. The moment Dyche is gone and there’s a rumoured favourite for the job they’ll be out slamming this manager before he’s even taken the job.

1/ not getting relegated

2/ stability.

I'm not having this dave. We should be comfortably mid table and not even mentioning relegation. But he has with the worst start imaginable and throwing away points with awful tactical decisions. I agree he probably will keep us up, but I don't agree we should even be thinking about relegation this season.

I saw enough yesterday to see these players are light years ahead of the likes of Leicesters players and at least 3 other teams in this division. Yet Dyche is trying to keep the narrative of that its all so hard for him etc. He's made it hard with his tactics and substitutions by throwing away points. We should be comfortable and miles ahead of this lowly position.

Same start as last season…we finished with 48 points. Hopefully the death spiral has stopped now and Dyche can see us safely into the new stadium and into new ownership.
Let's accept, firstly, that last season's start was unacceptable. It's no barometer of respectability or reassurance.

I am with you on the "Hopefully" bit. But Dyche is here to ensure safety - not "hopefully" attain it. There is no other reason to employ him other than because he ensures safety (in so much as anybody ever can). A few more defeats and even that hope will recede. Then, keeping him will no longer be seen as the "stability" option.

The problems at this club lie in the empty boardroom. But I won't bat for Dyche anymore. He has underperformed so far this season. He has few cards to play - but he has played them abysmally. And he keeps playing his jokers Keane and Young.

He'll be gone by the takeover at the latest. Knowing our luck, that'll be 2027 then.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back