2024/25 Sean Dyche

Not sure the tactics were wrong yesterday, we played exactly the same way in his other games against Brighton won by 5 and drew twice. First half we absolutely disrupted Brighton they couldn't get hold of the ball or play it through the lines - we missed about five goal scoring chances and then got suckered by loosing possession the first time they caught us on the break.

The momentum of the game went against us after Idrissa gave them a brain fart second - you arent beating Brighton if they go two up as they just hold the ball.

If anything yesterday, i thought the midfield and defense played a lot closer together which meant Keane and JT had to turn and run back as they were playing high up, neither of which is particular strength - think we went to adventurous at home again because of that - the press getting two high defensively - be critical of Dyche for that at times.
None of that is true at all.

When we beat Brighton 5-1 we played counter attacking football, we sat deep and broke on them.

Yesterday we pressed them, and it was working for 25 minutes. The tactics yesterday were switches from the back line to Harrison, who had a lot of space.

This was nullified after about 25 minutes and they doubled up on him. So he put Dom out there to win the aerial dual, Dom’s heat map shows he was active on the right win than anywhere else in the pitch

The game was dead after we went 1 down, Gana Gueye horrendous pass was not the reason we lost. We played for 99 minutes yesterday and had one shot on target - one.

Not sure the tactics were wrong yesterday, we played exactly the same way in his other games against Brighton won by 5 and drew twice. First half we absolutely disrupted Brighton they couldn't get hold of the ball or play it through the lines - we missed about five goal scoring chances and then got suckered by loosing possession the first time they caught us on the break.

The momentum of the game went against us after Idrissa gave them a brain fart second - you arent beating Brighton if they go two up as they just hold the ball.

If anything yesterday, i thought the midfield and defense played a lot closer together which meant Keane and JT had to turn and run back as they were playing high up, neither of which is particular strength - think we went to adventurous at home again because of that - the press getting two high defensively - be critical of Dyche for that at times.
Tactic’s you say ?
When did that happen ?
Must have missed it.

People laugh when we say he has no Plan B. Pretty evident yesterday that he doesn’t

99 minutes of football, one shot on target

When Plan A goes well, we look a good team. As soon as it doesn’t we may as well write off the game

Never once came from behind to win here Dyche btw.

Did a search fir his Burnley record at that as well, almost comical what I found

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240818-122853.webp
    Screenshot_20240818-122853.webp
    109.9 KB · Views: 2
Actually be critical of the space also in front of the back four, we didn't sweep of track back in protection - that was partly because of a high defensive line and partly due to a general collapse - the third was indicative of that but there was warning before it.

The goals yesterday were really disappointing.

The first a squad ball in the box - criminal conceding a goal like that at this level.

The second a brain fart.

The third was evident of an overall collapse and the loss of a connection between midfield and attack.

Really disappointed with the collapse in the second half more on attitude then anything. Its not good enough and cant be tolerated.

Manager has a job of work this week.

How is this not true? Are we taking this on a sample of Benitez, Lampard and Dyche... All absolutely woeful appointments!

Dyche is the best of them 3 but that really isn`t saying alot is it?

Dyche home record, won 12 of 29... I don`t know another fanbase that would accept that sort of statistic... some of our fans really want to accept crap, yes NSNO should be scrapped, it has never been the motto of this club for at least 3 or 4 decades.
I am still astonished how we started very well under Rafael with 4 wins and 1 draw in the prem.

1.41 points is around 27 a season, it's average, will get u around that 45-50 points with a normal away form.

12 5 12, I remember Carlo making us very strong away and in fact Carlo had the same amount of games at home. But Carlo only won 10 of 29 at home, 10 8 11.

If anything yesterday, i thought the midfield and defense played a lot closer together which meant Keane and JT had to turn and run back as they were playing high up, neither of which is particular strength - think we went to adventurous at home again because of that - the press getting to high defensively - be critical of Dyche for that at times.
That was against a different Brighton team under a different manager with different players in their team. Dyche has tried to just do the same old thing again which tbh is pretty lazy imo, their manager had wised up to what we were doing within the first 20-25mins and then our semi decent start just fell away and as usual plan b is just try plan a again.

i scanned thru and found less piss than last nite so nice to see change again slowly from upset toddler to adults. a whole 3 months of wanting to hate on someone came out last nite to feel empowered didn’t it buddies!! i have liked some sensible comments from the grown ups in room. just one thing when some of u do the “ this great club and fans “ thing it just makes u look like silly reds trying to be important and dramatic grow up and find other hobbies other than soccer such as kiss the girls.

That was against a different Brighton team under a different manager with different players in their team. Dyche has tried to just do the same old thing again which tbh is pretty lazy imo, their manager had wised up to what we were doing within the first 20-25mins and then our semi decent start just fell away and as usual plan b is just try plan a again.

That's a fair point - of a different manager - as opposed to a different team mate - but it actually worked, you wouldn't say Brighton were the best team in the first half. we very much disrupted them in general play despite being behind.

I wont excuse the second half - i cant tolerate that collapse and phoning it in.

On Brighton, i think they will do some damage this year, they have scary depth. Really are an example to all of a well run club.

When we beat Brighton 5-1 we played counter attacking football, we sat deep and broke on them.

Yesterday we pressed them, and it was working for 25 minutes. The tactics yesterday were switches from the back line to Harrison, who had a lot of space.

This was nullified after about 25 minutes and they doubled up on him. So he put Dom out there to win the aerial dual, Dom’s heat map shows he was active on the right win than anywhere else in the pitch

The game was dead after we went 1 down, Gana Gueye horrendous pass was not the reason we lost. We played for 99 minutes yesterday and had one shot on target - one.
I liked our game the first 25 min, we forced them to many mistakes. The quality of the passes and decision-making in the final third was shocking again. There is this quality difference that's pretty much visible, how they acted after our mistakes and consequently punished.

In the end, it's one shot on target, but could have ended with 3-4 easily, if we somehow had accuracy. Donkey Doucoure offside all the time, bad first touches, [Poor language removed] crosses...

And yes, in the 2nd half we were tactically exposed again with a red and individual mistake that cost a game even more...

The game wasn't dead at 1-0, we were pressuring them well at the start of the 2nd half and unfairly had a pen overturned. Gueye makes a mistake and then it's 2-0, the game was pretty much done then but confirmed when Young saw red.

Btw, I hate how much people linger on shots on target, that is an indicator of finishing, not an indicator of how well we played. Don't get me wrong I thought we were pretty poor in the final third yesterday, lots of times in the first half were we got into the right positions and had Brighton camped in their own half but lacked the cutting edge to make better opportunities.

I liked our game the first 25 min, we forced them to many mistakes. The quality of the passes and decision-making in the final third was shocking again. There is this quality difference that's pretty much visible, how they acted after our mistakes and consequently punished.

In the end, it's one shot on target, but could have ended with 3-4 easily, if we somehow had accuracy. Donkey Doucoure offside all the time, bad first touches, [Poor language removed] crosses...

And yes, in the 2nd half we were tactically exposed again with a red and individual mistake that cost a game even more...

That's a very fair assessment mate. ;)

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back