2024/25 Sean Dyche

There's a very good chance I will turn on him myself at some point. But I always like to give them a chance, and dare I say it, be optimistic. I stuck with Martinez until the derby debacle, Lampard until Boxing Day, Turned on both Silva and Koeman about 2 weeks before they got booted.

Truth be told, I know my views are inconsequential, and I normally decide to turn on a manager when it looks obvious that they have 'lost' the players. Until then, they get my backing.

I tend to think of things systemically mate, i dont separate the off the field stuff from the on the field stuff and tend to weigh the impact of one on the other. I think last season was an impossible job, i think he did incredibly well, we are a poor side, with the additional adversity, deductions - it was an incredible job to keep us up. Regardless i still see the club not being able to provide either the manager or the DOF anything but the limited means to compete and progress, many multiples of less of what other managers are given. So i judge and weigh that context as well. if he was say given 100 mill to spend and there was no progress then that is something very different. But that is not the case and wont be for someone else, we're a team of loans, frees and heavily structured deals.

Im a firm believer in if you employ manager you commit to it, i was massively disappointed to see say someone like Silva go - i think we have been far to quick to our determent with sacking managers in the last seven years. I see huge value in continuity and consistency - i think its the only way to build success. Our constant chopping and changing managers has been a huge contribution to our current plight. I also dont think we are attractive to good managers.

Where is the line for me - its where Lampard got to - when a manager is taking you down and he clearly was - thats when i pull the Shute.

Last edited:
Is this not on Dyche, what other teams have such injury issues at the start of a season, is this not an affect of the Dyche fitness regime which is no longer fit for the modern game?

Like I said previously most teams have moved past pre season fitness and working on the tactical side of the game yet here is our gaffer still trying to kill them with extreme fitness....

I don't accept that point at all to be honest mate. we have a mutli-million pound annually sports science team, S&C and medical team - do you really think he has them running up and down sand dunes. Id say he has about 0 input into fitness - why would he.

What do we think he happens he watches them do laps around finch farm.

If he apologised to supporters for his team selection and tactics, he might recoup some credit. Instead he wasted it by implyiing Evertonians are fickle, fairweather people (kind of 'they obly sing when we're winning vibe).

He's not very bright, it seems - that's a battle he's never going to win. He substitutes sense with a smug, "I'm the only adult in the ground" attitude which just alienates him and his gaggle of winged monkeys from a very large section of the crowd.

A man of very modest talent and an ego the size of a rhinosaurus.
Everton manager David Moyes:

"You deal with it and you move on so we'll look it at it and try to do better next time.

"We have to pick ourselves up quickly.

"There's no positives you can take out. We didn't play well today and we have to take the blame.

Not advocating for Moyes, but compare his response to 1-6 Arsenal on the opening day.

For all Moyes perceived flaws, he didn't respond by attacking the fans or hiding behind 'experience', that's the managers job to give new players 'experience', replacing repeat failures. It's on page one.
Dyche has shown himself to be an egotistical coward. Ego is no substitute for talent. He replicated old tactics against a new manager. Honestly no one involved in match preparation flagged this, of course they did, but his ego and arrogance couldn't acknowledge anything but his 'experience'.

Spouting more of the usual bollocks! Tell that to Mazraoui and Minteh Slaphead. He really need to go. And why Holgate subbed on ahed of O'Brien??? He has a proven high incompetency level in both the Premier League and Championship and will be in the lower leagues before you can say Red Card.

JB didn't have any real prem experience prior to last season and was one of our best players. Dogmatically picks his favourites, always has and always will, even if like with Young, it's to Everton's detriment.

Everton manager David Moyes:

"You deal with it and you move on so we'll look it at it and try to do better next time.

"We have to pick ourselves up quickly.

"There's no positives you can take out. We didn't play well today and we have to take the blame.

Not advocating for Moyes, but compare his response to 1-6 Arsenal on the opening day.

For all Moyes perceived flaws, he didn't respond by attacking the fans or hiding behind 'experience', that's the managers job to give new players 'experience', replacing repeat failures. It's on page one.
Dyche has shown himself to be an egotistical coward. Ego is no substitute for talent. He replicated old tactics against a new manager. Honestly no one involved in match preparation flagged this, of course they did, but his ego and arrogance couldn't acknowledge anything but his 'experience'.

Couldn't agree more.

They guy talks crap about people being fit and not enough in preseason Watkins for villa missed all of there preseason and he started the first game

He doesn’t make one player better going on about they don’t have premier league experience how the are they ment to get it if you don’t play them

Need him gone asap
Yeah Watkins started the first game on no pre season and was crap. Not defending Dyche here but maybe not the best example.

I don't accept that point at all to be honest mate. we have a mutli-million pound annually sports science team, S&C and medical team - do you really think he has them running up and down sand dunes. Id say he has about 0 input into fitness - why would he.

What do we think he happens he watches them do laps around finch farm.
WTF does he do? He doesn’t work on tactics either apparently.

Absolute dinosaur.

Goes with experience so called “experienced” players let us down. Myko crap for first, Keane crap for second backing off after Gana who is shocking in possession and can’t pass. Young sent off. So called experience cost us yesterday would we have done any worse with Dixon RB and O’Brian cb? Or even ndiaye starting instead of Doucoure. Definitely needs to go at the end of his contract or halfway through the season and hopefully doesn’t cost us much.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back