2024/25 Sean Dyche

You're correct it's actually 5 wins from the last 26 league games.

5 wins, 8 draws, 13 losses over the last 26 games in fact. 23 points out of 26 games.

Sackable form by any metric.
Sackable if a guarenteed better replacement was available and willing.
No ones ever suggested who that person should be.
New owners will give us a new direction hopefully. But we have seen false dawns and charlatans before.

Sackable if a guarenteed better replacement was available and willing.
No ones ever suggested who that person should be.
New owners will give us a new direction hopefully. But we have seen false dawns and charlatans before.
TBH almost any manager would fluke more points than that, turning 2/3 of those draws into wins and not collapsing multiple times when ahead in games. The 'form' shown by Dyche's Everton is absolutely diabolical and he should have gone over the international break.

In typical Everton fashion though he's been given more time to turn things around despite having shown no indications that he's able to.

Now we might have an upturn in form with Branthwaite coming back, but that says it all about him that the entire club's results rest on a young defender and he hasn't been able to find a way to pick up points without young Jarrad.

“Fans want to win, ideally they want to win with style… the rest of the job people don’t see, from a management point of view, I have done a very good job.”

Some of see Gaffer! ;)
"The fans want to win with style yeah? Well I see myself as a manager first, probably a comedian second and a festival mad lad third. The players here love me, just ask Keano and Youngey. I guess from a managerial point of view you could say my tenure has been an overwhelming success, and that's one big slice of the pie, of which Everton FC is the pie and the players are the filling."

Sean 'Brent' Dyche, 2024

David_Brent_111.jpg

TBH almost any manager would fluke more points than that, turning 2/3 of those draws into wins and not collapsing multiple times when ahead in games. The 'form' shown by Dyche's Everton is absolutely diabolical and he should have gone over the international break.

In typical Everton fashion though he's been given more time to turn things around despite having shown no indications that he's able to.

Now we might have an upturn in form with Branthwaite coming back, but that says it all about him that the entire club's results rest on a young defender and he hasn't been able to find a way to pick up points without young Jarrad.
I get your point. But until an owner is in who appointing the replacement, what kind of manager wants this job?
People point to the salary - but it would be easy to have a mercanary come in on a big salary but with little or no interest in whether the survive or not. (FSW)
You need a manager whose ambitions and philosophy align with our current predicament.
I still believe that Dyche keeps us up easily this season despite the current run. That’s in line with our current predicament of needing a firefighter.
New owner comes in and able to add 3 £40m players to the team, the aims of the clubs have shifted and we are an attractive proposition.

"The fans want to win with style yeah? Well I see myself as a manager first, probably a comedian second and a festival mad lad third. The players here love me, just ask Keano and Youngey. I guess from a managerial point of view you could say my tenure has been an overwhelming success, and that's one big slice of the pie, of which Everton FC is the pie and the players are the filling."

Sean 'Brent' Dyche, 2024

David_Brent_111.jpg
hahahaha awesome

For me this is a direct result of his tactics, he has the players run themselves into the ground to 90+ mins while conceding possession to the opposition.
From ½ way through last season every other manager will have determined what we’re most susceptible to defensively and thought just concentrate on that as we will have the opportunity to test them as we will have the ball and they will be knackered and falling back.

You're correct it's actually 5 wins from the last 26 league games.

5 wins, 8 draws, 13 losses over the last 26 games in fact. 23 points out of 26 games.

Sackable form by any metric.

All I would say on that, is he does win like the 4 games before that, so it's also 9 wins from 30 or 35 points from 30, which given what he inherited was good.

The question on Dyche isn't so much on what he's done, it's more where we are going and increasingly his inability to move with that.

I can't see any sensible ones season in playing Keane over OBrien this season. Its cost us 3 points, possibly more. I'm not sure he knows how to get the best out of the new signings.

To me he was the right man during a very difficult period, but even in the few short games this season he's shown an inability to change. If TFG are going to throw money at it, alongside increased stadium revenue and pursue a plan of younger players it's really hard to see how Dyche fits.

Funny thing is, without the point deductions everyone goes in about we'd have finished twelfth, not realising that the timing of both points deductions sparked the biggest uptake in form.

We get no deductions last year I reckon we'd have dropped some games we won, and finished on roughly the 40 points mark anyways.
It's an interesting one because yeah, there probably was an initial galvanising effect for a few games, but then after that you also have that massive winless slog that maybe doesn't happen without the pressure of the ten points plunging us back into the relegation zone.

While they got an initial jolt, after a while they looked understandably demoralised by being in a relegation battle they'd have felt they had no business being in and wasn't because of their own performances. My feeling is the two factors probably just about balanced out in the end.

I'm not a massive supporter of Dyche but I do find comments like these somewhat cheap.

If he had managed United instead of Burnley during those years and had suffered two relegations then fair enough. However, he was manager of Burnley. A team that had spent many years in the wilderness. Context is important.
It’s a valid comment when his record at Everton is in line/worse than at Burnley which led to 2 relegations

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back