2024/25 Sean Dyche

Based on what? What is it with people on here who cant have a reasoned debate and then come back with nonsense like that? On what basis have you come to that conclusion? In fact dont tell me im not really that interested. Do me a favour and dont interact with me again full stop. I dont come on here to listen to nonsense. You might be impressing other people but i just find it boring.
You still seem rather upset mate….

Ah, yeah. "Just misses loads".

Just searched your username and Gordon. First post;

Weird eh, how he then leaves and has 21 G/A last season.

Comfortably more goals and assists than anyone we had.

But yeah - it's just a narrative.

‘Just searched your username and Gordon’ - odd but ok

It is because your talking about a completely differently player at different stages in their careers.

DCL has been garbage for years that’s just him. He won’t all of a sudden be great at another club. That’s the reason no teams were on for him all summer.

Secondly Gordon isn’t a striker so I don’t get the comparison.

Based on what? What is it with people on here who cant have a reasoned debate and then come back with nonsense like that? On what basis have you come to that conclusion? In fact dont tell me im not really that interested. Do me a favour and dont interact with me again full stop. I dont come on here to listen to nonsense. You might be impressing other people but i just find it boring.
Relax! It’s just an opinion no need to get all worked up.

‘Just searched your username and Gordon’ - odd but ok

It is because your talking about a completely differently player at different stages in their careers.

DCL has been garbage for years that’s just him. He won’t all of a sudden be great at another club. That’s the reason no teams were on for him all summer.

Secondly Gordon isn’t a striker so I don’t get the comparison.

My point in response to @Charles Hawtrey was simple.

Pretty much every player do better in better teams.

In comparing Onana, I said Calvert-Lewin would score more at a team like Villa.

You've waded in banging on that he wouldn't, because he misses loads here.

The first player who has left for another Premier League team who come to mind was Gordon. So I searched Gordon and your username to prove the point.

You said exactly the same about Gordon. You kept saying he was crap and misses all our chances. I shared the first post - there's loads. Search your posts and then reflect on this;

Look at Gordon - 21 premier league goals and assists in 31 games last season. If he stuck with us, how many would he have got last year?! We only scored 40 as a team.

Maybe he wasn't missing sitters all the time for us. As you kept saying.

Maybe when Everton as a team are scoring 40 league goals over a season, and he's scoring or providing 21 in 31 on his own in the same season for another team then the issue wasn't the player.

Maybe, he was in a team devoid of attacking ability. Maybe he was lashed upfront on his tod for spells, waiting for a through ball from Doucoure, or a cross to come in from full backs who can't cross the half way line, never mind cross a ball. Maybe Calvert-Lewin is in the same boat now.

My point in response to @Charles Hawtrey was simple.

Pretty much every player do better in better teams.

In comparing Onana, I said Calvert-Lewin would score more at a team like Villa.

You've waded in banging on that he wouldn't, because he misses loads here.

The first player who has left for another Premier League team who come to mind was Gordon. So I searched Gordon and your username to prove the point.

You said exactly the same about Gordon. You kept saying he was crap and misses all our chances. I shared the first post - there's loads. Search your posts and then reflect on this;

Maybe he wasn't missing sitters all the time for us. As you kept saying.

Maybe when Everton as a team are scoring 40 league goals over a season, and he's scoring or providing 21 in 31 on his own in the same season for another team then the issue wasn't the player.

Maybe, he was in a team devoid of attacking ability. Maybe he was lashed upfront on his tod for spells, waiting for a through ball from Doucoure, or a cross to come in from full backs who can't cross the half way line, never mind cross a ball. Maybe Calvert-Lewin is in the same boat now.

Absolutely cant compare the 2 players

Gordon plays on the wing for Newcastle. If DCL went to Villa he would be their striker, firstly he wouldn't get in their team. Secondly his finishing i terrible so he wouldn't score more.

My reference to Gordon still stands, he was poor for us. But he is young and has improved. Calvert Lewin is provided with lots of chances, he just misses them.

DCL is nearly 30, he wont improve now. He has been poor under every manager we have had bar Ancelotti and his 3 month scoring spell.

Absolutely cant compare the 2 players

Gordon plays on the wing for Newcastle. If DCL went to Villa he would be their striker, firstly he wouldn't get in their team. Secondly his finishing i terrible so he wouldn't score more.

My reference to Gordon still stands, he was poor for us. But he is young and has improved. Calvert Lewin is provided with lots of chances, he just misses them.

DCL is nearly 30, he wont improve now. He has been poor under every manager we have had bar Ancelotti and his 3 month scoring spell.

I'm comparing your ability to judge a footballer.

I'm demonstrating how players can, and do perform differently at different clubs.

I'm comparing your ability to judge a footballer.

I'm demonstrating how players can, and do perform differently at different clubs.

Well I'm comparing your inability to compare players. As they are completely different footballers.

the chance Calvert Lewin misses don't all of a sudden become easier. he is still a terrible finisher.

Well I'm comparing your inability to compare players. As they are completely different footballers.

the chance Calvert Lewin misses don't all of a sudden become easier. he is still a terrible finisher.

You said repeatedly Gordon misses sitters/chances at Everton. He was bang average apparently, he can't even be compared to Mirallas etc etc. You was fuming when we didn't sell him.

He leaves and scores comfortably more than anyone we have.

After he leaves you wheel out "but, he was crap at us"

Why was he crap for us mate? Why was he missing sitters for us, and then the next season hes scoring? :lol:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back