2024/25 Sean Dyche

Fair point and well articulated. If the aim of the game in the eyes of Joe Public or the media is that this is another season where success for us is safety, then I don’t think he has the toughest job at all.

Despite that ongoing background shenanigans I am sure other smaller clubs would like to be competing with our squad.

If we look at at through the prism of Everton fans rightly demanding more (than what we are currently getting), then yes I would see it that way, but I think the majority of us only expected at least a similar season with hopefully a modest improvement points and places wise. All this talk of we expected Europe (and to be fair I didn’t hear it direct so not sure where it came from) was well wide of the mark.
thanks for the response .

I agree on the Europe talk I think it was at most mentioned by the odd blue a few pints in or with a wistful look in their eyes dreaming of a better tomorrow . I don’t think anybody realistically expected anything like a European challenge .

In pure footballing terms I think our squad is compatible if not better than a few of the sides we’re competing around . However as I hope I put across in terms of a tough job I think if not before that Everton from about 21/22 fits the bill .

Let’s hope that changes with competent owners at the helm , I’m not convinced dyche will be here to see it mind .

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back