2024/25 Sean Dyche

So you admired Dyche based on 18 months work and then you revised that opinion because of one bad game?

Each to their own.

And the poster before was talking about losing to Brighton. It is entitlement to just claim that should never happen to Everton. If we’re playing badly, it will happen. It happened many many many many times before Dyche and unless we suddenly get rich competent owners will happen long after he’s gone too.
Don't misrepresent what I said. Yesterday exposed his rigid thinking in a way that is alarming to people who are on his side - like me. While it was excusable to make use of Keane, Holgate, and Ashley Young 18 months ago or even 12 months ago, by now it has to be clear to even the dimmest that these players are not part of any solution - especially when you have bought a handful of alternative options.

The reality of yesterday is we beat ourselves. We can't afford to do that. Better teams will beat us, fair enough. But Brighton are a very moderate team with an inexperienced rookie manager who earned the same number of points as we did last season. We handed them the points yesterday because our experienced manager had an absolute shocker. That needs to be acknowledged.

I have long felt that Dyche is the right man at the right time for Everton given the absolute car crash in our boardroom. But make no mistake: yesterday was a self-inflicted defeat with Dyche's fingerprints all over it. His rationale for the team selection shows how utterly rigid he is in his thinking.

I was hoping he'd lead us into the new stadium, but now I'd shake his hand and thank him for his service when proper ownership arrives. His thinking yesterday was exposed for all to see - and it was an eye-opener. There's no future in that. 40 points please this season, Sean. If we have proper ownership then, thanks very much for the excellent job - but the job requirements have changed now and you are no longer the best man for the task ahead.

My point stands - he's clearly not slagging the fans off there. He's singing the fans praises practically every week in his pressers...

Nah sorry, not for me. He’s had veiled digs at the fans ever since he got here.

There’s absolutely no way he would blame himself or acknowledge we got something wrong tactically either. Even in that Chelsea away game last year, he basically came out and said “well all the fans wanted us to go more expansive so that’s why we did it”.

He doesn’t try to hide his snideness. He’s playing a very strange game if he thinks he can take this fanbase on and win. He seems to quickly forget he’s a tinpot manager that’s done nothing in his career. High on the power of being the only senior figure at the club that actually does anything day to day.

I dont think any of those other managers would have approached the match yesterday like Dyche did.

All the new players sat on the bench. Keane recalled to start. Holgate brought on to replace a winger. No change whatsoever to the front 4 who failed miserably last year.

I expect the manager to try and find solutions to problems, not revert back to the same personnel and tactics that have never worked and never will work.

Then the comments about experience in the interview rather than taking responsibility.

I just don't like it. He's not good enough to manage Everton. And the mentality is not going to improve us.

Oh give over. How long have you been watching Everton? The amount of absolute manure that has been served up by some of these managers over the years for christ sake.

I loved David Moyes but at times he had a prime Wayne Rooney sat on the bench whilst Radzinki was getting game time. He played games with 7 defenders in the lineup.

Martinez had Deulofeu and Mirallas on the bench whilst Cleverley and Kone started out wide.

Koeman spent 100s of millions and started with a forward line or Siggurdson Rooney and Sandro none of which could even run. He played Martina at left back.

I don’t even want to get into some of stunts Walker and Smith used to pull because it’s honestly giving me PTSD just thinking about it.

Unless you’re a teenager just grow up and get over it, this is nothing anyone on here hasn’t seen multiple times before. We all know it needs to be better, everyone wants a winning Everton, but claiming no manager before Dyche has ever approached a game like that is just ridiculous.

Nah sorry, not for me. He’s had veiled digs at the fans ever since he got here.

There’s absolutely no way he would blame himself or acknowledge we got something wrong tactically either. Even in that Chelsea away game last year, he basically came out and said “well all the fans wanted us to go more expansive so that’s why we did it”. He doesn’t try to hide his snideness. He’s playing a very strange game if he thinks he can take this fanbase on and win.

his job is safe to mike until ownserhip

his job is safe to mike until ownserhip

IMG_7834.webp

Oh give over. How long have you been watching Everton? The amount of absolute manure that has been served up by some of these managers over the years for christ sake.

I loved David Moyes but at times he had a prime Wayne Rooney sat on the bench whilst Radzinki was getting game time. He played games with 7 defenders in the lineup.

Martinez had Deulofeu and Mirallas on the bench whilst Cleverley and Kone started out wide.

Koeman spent 100s of millions and started with a forward line or Siggurdson Rooney and Sandro none of which could even run. He played Martina at left back.

I don’t even want to get into some of stunts Walker and Smith used to pull because it’s honestly giving me PTSD just thinking about it.

Unless you’re a teenager just grow up and get over it, this is nothing anyone on here hasn’t seen multiple times before. We all know it needs to be better, everyone wants a winning Everton, but claiming no manager before Dyche has ever approached a game like that is just ridiculous.
The manager made far too many poor decisions yesterday to give us a good chance of a result.

We've had lots of poor managers make poor decisions, no doubt about that. But the decision to go get another defender rather than a goal scorer, but then give minutes instead to Keane and Holgate, is up there with all the poor managerial decisions I've seen.

The famous Gaffer, multiple times, in the couple of weeks leading up to the 1st game of the season, this is a fact.

Like I said, all other teams are conditioning and topping up fitness whilst working on their tactics, our gaffer still running them hard.

Absolute Dinosaur.... worst manager in the PL. Needs to be gone ASAP, we need a manager where the team looks like it has actually been coached and has something more than the Dyche crap plan A.
Players reported back to Finch Farm on 8th July.
First competitive match was 17th August.

In that time there were 2 'Gaffers Days' in July which each consisted of 2 hours of running drills. Neither of these 2 hour sessions took place in the couple of weeks leading up to the 1st game of the season. They aren't a permanent ongoing part of the pre-season program as the season approaches. This is a fact.

There isn't a team in the professional game who don't work incredibly hard on fitness and building stamina during the early part of pre-season. Players do around 10-12km per game involving a lot of short hard bursts - what do you think conditions for that other than physical drills of various forms? Chalkboards? Visualising?

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back