2024/25 Sean Dyche

If Dyche walked after the Villa game, some fans would rejoice, but privately it would be a disaster. Who is this board finding at short notice to steer this ship through choppy waters until we’re in to calmer seas?
graham potter would be a significant upgrade and wouldn't cost a penny.

i'd even take southgate.

in fact southgate's loving arm might well be the tincture needed.

Assuming he knows this to be true, Dyche holds a very powerful card.

Despite everything, he has done a good job under difficult circumstances to keep us up and, if he were to resign before the ownership issue is resolved, it would leave us in a very vulnerable position.

If I were in Dyche shoes, I would be demanding a new contract by a certain date or I will be walking. Moshiri would loathe to be in that position and, although many want him gone (and reasonably so), I really fear who the club would be able to attract if he left right now.

Sometimes, better the devil you know (until we have new owners, at least).
Lampard did a good job to keep us up after Rafael, but was rightfully sacked after a poor run of form the following season. I couldn’t care less what happened last season, it all about this season. And if results don’t improve quickly, then he should also be sacked

If he did I would gleefully tell him to F off.

Do you think Moshiri hires a better, more experienced manager than Dyche at short notice and with no money to spend in January?

I don’t.

I suspect we’d end up with either Woan and Stone in interim charge till the end of the season or until the Textor deal was able to complete (and who knows how long that might take) or we’d end up with some out of work chancer like Vitor Perreira.

graham potter would be a significant upgrade and wouldn't cost a penny.

i'd even take southgate.

in fact southgate's loving arm might well be the tincture needed.

I agree both would be an upgrade but would either find the Everton job very attractive right now?

With no budget and our best players out of contract / looking to leave, and with the challenge of keeping us up, I think we might be surprised at the shortlist for that one.

Do you think Moshiri hires a better, more experienced manager than Dyche at short notice and with no money to spend in January?

I don’t.

I suspect we’d end up with either Woan and Stone in interim charge till the end of the season or until the Textor deal was able to complete (and who knows how long that might take) or we’d end up with some out of work chancer like Vitor Perreira.
Thelwell will pick the next manager, unless Textor is close and then id imagine he’d be involved. I doubt moshiri is making any more decisions at this moment

You spent the past few days calling me "Donald Trump" because you thought you would bother me, it didn't. You're spent all evening posting at me thinking it bothers me, all you've done is bored me to sleep.

I'm not interacting with you again in any way as all you do is de-rail threads 🤷‍♂️

I'm not even in this thread. As have nothing to say about Sean Dyche at the moment

So you agree with the previous comments about Giulia being a stooge for the club.

I thought you would have defended her honour at least.

I agree both would be an upgrade but would either find the Everton job very attractive right now?

With no budget and our best players out of contract / looking to leave, and with the challenge of keeping us up, I think we might be surprised at the shortlist for that one.
which best players are out of contract. I think potter would take it

Thelwell will pick the next manager, unless Textor is close and then id imagine he’d be involved. I doubt moshiri is making any more decisions at this moment

The clubs value plummets if it’s in the Championship.

For that reason alone, Moshiri isn’t delegating the recruitment of the most important position at the club to KT or a prospective buyer (though he might ask Textor’s advice).

So the question remains, do you think, if Dyche left this weekend, Moshiri hires someone better?

The clubs value plummets if it’s in the Championship.

For that reason alone, Moshiri isn’t delegating the recruitment of the most important position at the club to KT or a prospective buyer (though he might ask Textor’s advice).

So the question remains, do you think, if Dyche left this weekend, Moshiri hires someone better?
I think it would be down to Thelwell and yes I don’t think it would be difficult to improve on dyche

which best players are out of contract. I think potter would take it

DCL and Gueye are two starters and two of our most experienced players.

Maybe you’re right, I don’t think so though. Potter has turned down multiple jobs that he didn’t think was the right fit. His reputation is still high from Brighton and, if Howe took the England job, he would be a favourite for the Newcastle job. Plus Man United have looked at him as a replacement for Ten Hag. I think he’s waiting for those sort of jobs and he’s not rushing back into management.

Last edited:
So one really, as I think gana will be fazed out this year, as not a starter every week

He’s a starter now. So the point still stands.

Two of our best players are set to leave. Plus 9-10 other squad members. And we’re probably forced to sell JB (maybe in January). So, whichever way you look at it, it’s not an attractive situation for a new manager to walk into.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back