2024/25 Sean Dyche

Howe's Bournemouth sides were good to watch mostly but he couldn't put together a good defensive averaging 66 goals against in his years in the prem there.. Dyche's problem were the opposite, make the team score and has showed here again, obviously also considering we had this under the last 5-6 managers as well.

He recognized this deficit on him. Went to one of the best manager's when it comes to sorting out defenses in the world called Simeone and this worked out at Newcastle, apart from last season.

can we just rob simeone?

all solved! 😂

Respectfully no. So tired of the 'we lost Onana' excuses. Onana barely featured under Dyche in the 2nd half of season, in fact he was dropped and team flourished and we got results so not having that.

Under a non dinosaur manager, he’s showing signs of a being an excellent player and of course, Sean Douche cashed in and used that pathetic excuse, crying ‘I lost him.

Laughing. Well, it's not an excuse, is it? It's reality/what happened;

A lack of ability in the final third has dictated relegation scrap for years. We've sold Onana (doing pretty well at Villa eh?!) and gambled on NDiaye and Lindstrom. I don't think they're enough to take a team thats been starring at relegation for 3 years, to anywhere but the same position,

... The context is around whether this squad improved enough to move on from 3 years of relegation angst.

The reality is, Onana is comfortably better than any midfielder we have. He's a player who in June, you said was worth;

Worth - £50-£60m
Asking price - £80-£100m

Delusion - £100m+

Simples

... in the summer you also said;

See I half agree here. Totally unfair to pin all the blame on Dyche.,, Onana has all the physical and technical attributes to do well (really well in some positions) in multiple roles in midfield and if you say he's worth £80-£100m, then he should be able to adapt his game with ease.

This whole diva crying 'I don't get to play where and how i want' is a poor excuse. He's a full Belgium international and in his 2nd season at the club. He needs to step up.

... So he should be able to adapt with ease, and unfair to blame Dyche?

Fast forward 4 Premier League games and now your saying he's doing well under a non-dinosaur manager and we wouldn't miss a player you said we should be asking 80-100m for,

Who's sacking him and where we getting circa £8mill to do so?
I can understand the reluctance to take on the cost, whether it's 8m or 5m or whatever.

But at some point it's false economics to sit and hope he turns it round. Even if you leave aside for a second the cost of relegation, a league place is worth approx 3m in prize money. Hard to equate that to cost per point but every single defeat costs the club money- turning 3 points into 0 by refusing to use his bench correctly against Bournemouth, you could argue that in prize money that has a 7 figure value in itself even if that 3 points only equates to 1/3 of a league place over a season. Cup defeats also cost plenty of potential revenue. It costs us money to sack him, but it's literally costing us money to keep him given the results he's getting.

And then of course you have the looming prospect of relegation, and 8m is something like 1/15th the economic cost of that. There comes a point where if things are broken with no sign at all of turning round there's no economic case to hesitate pulling the trigger. Dither and delay will simply cost more.

It's not as simple or as calculable as doing so, but find a manager who gets you three spots up the league and the change pays for itself.

It was a dreadful sub. It left Ndiaye our best creative player stuck up front and out of the game. Beto coming off for Young was 100% not the right change and I think that's why the boos were even louder. He can bring Young on to play left back, just don't take off your only recognised striker for it.

…as I say, replacing Beto for Ndiaye is the moot point but it should not negate from the need for Young to come on at LB.

I’m not a fan of making 3 changes when one will do, so Ndiaye replacing Beto, Young replacing McNeil and McNeil moving to no10 was complicated. Young for McNeil was crying out to happen.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back