2024/25 Sean Dyche

Yeah and I agree. And that's the question...what's the limit?

Personally it's if we're almost cut adrift with no light at the end where an injection is needed to salvage it.

I don't think we're at that crisis point yet. But it's a crisis of faith at the moment.

And if said person your putting your faith into becomes loathsome...it's difficult.

If we win at Leicester does anyone at Everton fire him knowing a new owner would want his own manager in anyway. If we’d beaten Bournemouth there wouldn’t be any of this firing discussion at this point. Does 7 minutes really dictate a decision as big as that?

I’d see what the points total looks like after 10 games. If it’s terrible then it’s a better sample than 4 to fire him and if it’s decent then there’s no need to fire him before his contract is up and we’ve saved millions. If it’s such a good squad and such an easy achievement to stay in the league then I’m sure any ball boy or girl at the club can get us to the points required in 28 games.

But they're things you'd think he'll shore up as he's done so in the past. We had the 4th best defence last season for example - which if people can throw negative stats about him, you then have accept any positives.

And yes, there are more easy on the eye teams. But that comes from stability and confidence which we don't have. As a club we tread water.

But fundamentally theyll both come full circle. Southampton like the ball for example. They'll get relegated though so their owners will either bite the bullet to support either a philosophy or results.
People keep bringing this up despite the fact we've conceded 25% of the goals that we conceded in the entirety of last season in just 4 games.

People keep bringing this up despite the fact we've conceded 25% of the goals that we conceded in the entirety of last season in just 4 games.

Well, both are true. Given his track record, last season seems to be more indicative of his results than this season.

Having said all of that, 13 goals in 4 matches is an absurd rate and 100% on him.

who are these best players we are selling? Onana???? he couldnt even get a game towards the end of the last season.

Must have imagined us selling Gordon before Dyche even arrived, then selling Gray and Iwobi (first choice wingers) in the next summer window, alongside all the young strikers at the club, and then this summer we sold Onana for 50 mill pounds.

if the Thelwell interview is anything to go by then Branthwaite’s days are numbered too and probably has to be sold this summer.

But yeah we’ve retained all our good players.

In the first four games last season we conceded 16% of the goals we conceded in the entirety of the season. We didn't exactly get off to the best start then either on that front.

If we win at Leicester does anyone at Everton fire him knowing a new owner would want his own manager in anyway. If we’d beaten Bournemouth there wouldn’t be any of this firing discussion at this point. Does 7 minutes really dictate a decision as big as that?

I’d see what the points total looks like after 10 games. If it’s terrible then it’s a better sample than 4 to fire him and if it’s decent then there’s no need to fire him before his contract is up and we’ve saved millions. If it’s such a good squad and such an easy achievement to stay in the league then I’m sure any ball boy or girl at the club can get us to the points required in 28 games.
We were awful for all of pre season, I think also being out played by the worst team in the prem the other night is just embarrassing, so it's not a case of 4 games in, he has been here now for nearly 20 months and we dont even look like a team, that the other night was so disjointed it was unbelievable, then to take your only striker off and replace with a 39 year old defender who is a total liability.

As long as he is here he will continue to break records for the wrong reason, I think at present we are the worst in Europe across all leagues, so we can't get much worse

So you don't see it as a problem he can fix? Even though he's had history of being defensively sound?

It's like I said in the post, you can't throw negative stats about him without being able to accept the positives.

Must have imagined us selling Gordon before Dyche even arrived, then selling Gray and Iwobi (first choice wingers) in the next summer window, alongside all the young strikers at the club, and then this summer we sold Onana for 50 mill pounds.

if the Thelwell interview is anything to go by then Branthwaite’s days are numbered too and probably has to be sold this summer.

But yeah we’ve retained all our good players.

oh ok, so your changing the goal posts from "best players" to just players now.

every single one of them players we sold, most fans where happy about.

we also had better seasons ( last season ) than without all of them except Onana, who again was on the bench towards the end of the season.

your clutching for straws with every single post you make about dyche

When it was solely on him that we lost that game, yeah kind of.

oh ok, so your changing the goal posts from "best players" to just players now.

every single one of them players we sold, most fans where happy about.

we also had better seasons ( last season ) than without all of them except Onana, who again was on the bench towards the end of the season.

your clutching for straws with every single post you make about dyche

You can acknowledge mitigating circumstances.

It can strengthen your critique.

Not acknowledging it just makes you look blinkered.

Have to agree.

Personally, I'm not having a go at people clearly frustrated and angry (it's hard not to). But my POV is trying to be level headed as possible because as I've said from the off... we're getting into that territory as a fanbase where no matter what Dyche does (he could get us winning 3 on the bounce), we won't back him or the players and we'll all start scrapping and put non-existent CEOs in headlocks.

I just don't think 4 games in we're there yet.

Last season was crap at the start because we were playing the same way as we are now but with no striker up front, remember our first goal of the season was from Beto the day after he signed against Doncaster. Yet whilst we knew we still had Michael Keane in defence, it was only single errors that led to a defeat so only conceded 9 in 5 games.

This season, not only do we have strikers (poor/out of form aside) but at least they are strikers. It's the sheer drop in quality of what is a fully fit squad Branthwaite aside. That's the issue.

I reckon he'll get at least 2 more games, but 2 defeats and he'll be off

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back