2024/25 Sean Dyche

Friedkin bounced Mourinho out of Roma on his arse.

I highly doubt there's going to be much Dyche will say to justify him staying after going into October without a league win.

Lol he'd won them a cup and was there for 2 seasons.

He's not gonna drop Dyche and pay him £5mill by Xmas just to get some "glamour" in for half a season. He's not daft.

Results permitting of course. But hes not gonna get rid cos of "bad" footy

He's not gonna drop Dyche and pay him £5mill by Xmas just to get some "glamour" in for half a season. He's not daft.

Yes Mourinho had won a cup and was widely popular.

And Sean Dyche is none of that.

He gets the sack the second the money clears out of Friedkin's account.

They've just sacked De Rossi. He's ruthless is Dapper Dan.

"Bad" footy

That's the 1 point in 5 matches and already out of the cup footy we have had so far? Think there's no need for the quotes tbh.

Yes Mourinho had won a cup and was widely popular.

And Sean Dyche is none of that.

He gets the sack the second the money clears out of Friedkin's account.

They've just sacked De Rossi. He's ruthless is Dapper Dan.
I think he'll need to wait for a transfer window. Not much point getting in Guardiola to manage Jack Harrison.

Funnily enough, Friedkin emerging victorious in the tussle with Textor is good news for Dyche. It was clear Textor was ready to sweep him away - he basically fired him on Sky Sports News. At least he has a fighting chance with the Friedkins - and probably until Christmas to make a case to oversee their first transfer window.

Were in for a surprise? Jose? :D
I think Friedkin and Mourinho would mutually agree that that's a bad idea.

Friedkin needs to do better with manager recruitment but hopefully issues at Roma can be learned from and not repeated at Everton.

It has been a bit like "How to appoint a manager for new owners"

Mourinho the superstar but fading coach and the ex-player and legend in De Rossi. It's like both were taken from a playbook. I'd like to see a much more specific and targeted appointment for Everton when the time comes.

They appear to have learned from that with Ivan Jovic, very much in the style of Gasperini with the potential to really overhaul the football culture at the whole club and not just the first team squad and an emphasis on youth.

Last edited:

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back