2024/25 Sean Dyche

He means: 'Everything else is to blame for me not being a good manager, and I will give a non-specific and mysterious answer to say it another way'

It means nothing. He makes it sound like he has to walk across burning coals to get to the tactics board while the club is up for sale. He got players in, players out, Finch farm is state of the art and a full stadium at home, full away section too. There is nothing that can justify his poor performance and when it comes time for him to say this mysterious thing, nobody will care

That`ll be you and the other three then.

Two of them are complete nut jobs and the other one is one step away from sorting out straightners over his weird obsessional devotion to Dyche every morning.

Well done ;)

We have a strong five a side team to be fair to us St Domingo, Dave, GOT and Eggs.

Steve and FB to come on - we however don’t believe in substitutions of course! ;)

"I've done a good job" Hope other teams look at that in the future who need a new manager and understand that's his level after checking our wins for 2024
I found that comment off-putting you can say as a manager I've put the effort forth and we had trying circumstances but I'll let the fans and media come to their own conclusions but when he says things like that I get the gist he knows his time is due so his ego is already trying to craft a narrative for when he gets sacked

He did a good job keeping us up.

He is not doing a good job this season.

He is tactically limited and manages a technically limited squad.

He’s not the man to fix these problems.

Thank you, Dyche. Good luck elsewhere.
Yes he did a decent job last year absolutely but for all it’s too simplistic for me to say this, 3 points are won on the pitch not in the boardroom, so the players he had at his disposal (as poor to mediocre by PL standards as some of them are) I think he did about as well as I’d expect an average manager to achieve. It’s also not too late to do well this season, but he really needs to get his skates on (and take them off his players)

His comments over the last couple of months conflict with the image he tries to curate where he's this gruff straight talker who is a realist as he never takes accountability and deflects any criticism elsewhere
Yeah
Been surprised at that avoidance of responsibility actually.
As you say, the persona he projects through the media is that of a straight talking , down to earth manager, without airs or graces and who treats everyone fairly as long as they do their best.
But he hasn’t quite lived up to that , his constant deflection and refusal to shoulder responsibility has been surprising and disappointing, and in effect means he throws his players under the bus.
Good managers do the best to shield their players from criticism.
He doesn’t.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back