Transfer Rumour Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget Bosman players usually get higher wages. Might actually save us a bit of money in the long run buying now. The lower the wages, the more chance of shifting him on if he isn't any good. How many of our players are still here because no one in Europe can afford to pay them? Good thing is there are a few out of contract in the summer.

We should only be signing him on our terms. The days of huge wages for bang average players need to be over.

If Longstaff turned out to be better than Messi he still won’t be liked because it’s Rafas idea … just saying !
If he was he wouldn't be playing for Newcastle or potentially signing for us. Instead he's just a bang average PL player who plays about 50% of his teams games. We've got a few of them already.

James McCarthy was brilliant in his first season. There again that season the whole team were. Some of the best football I've seen from an Everton side in my adult life. One thing is we had Barry in the midfield as well. We don't have anyone of his ability/leadership level in our team now. Shame Roberto never learnt how to set up a defence.

I'm not against this signing, he's near the end of his contract, so shouldn't be expensive. If he is an improvement on any of the other midfielders who are nearly always injured then why not? This season as proved we have a paper thin squad. I'm expecting a squad player with the hope will come good.
Now someone of Barry's quality and qualities would definitely be very welcome. Albeit with a bit more pace. But yeah, he was great by and large.

He can’t get into the 19th team and look at his stats please, he plays like 20 odd games per season. He never get involved in any England setup in any level. How can he improve this team?

He played against Utd just a week ago and got an assist?

We need a squad mate! The reason Doucoure gets stress fractures and DCL is picking up mucle injuries a lot more frequently is because we rely on the same core players having to play 90 minutes week in week out as half our bench can not stay fit!

Gbamin
Tosun
Delph
Gomes
Mina

None of those players can keep fit for an extended period of time which means come the hectic Xmas period, the cup games and europe if we ever qualify we have to play the same players!!

We haven't got the FFP leg room to throw £150+ million on bringing in a new squad we have to be shrewd with our dough.

You have Siggurdsson and Delph out of contract in the summer - wheres the money to replace them two?

Its a smart signing for anyone who actually understands our financial/squad situation.

Inappropriate Behaviour
You know the drill on here - unless he has a sexy foreign name or does cruyff turns in his own box he aint good enough for 15th place Everton.

Seems to be a fair bit of optimism and excitement about the signing of Nathan Patterson from the Scottish league so I'm not sure your argument really stacks up.

I think what you've done is use a tired cliche about fans expectations to try and sound a bit clever, when the reality is you're a patronising bellend.

I'm not confident on either front tbf.

We don't seem to buy quality in midfield too well this last few years. If we sign him we sign him, all we can do is hope to be surprised.

Add zero to the team IMO. Doesn't add quality on the pitch, just bolsters a squad with a footballer who isn't injured and can run about.

The whole point of transfers is to improve, replace, or add to a squad. You get Longstaff you're just adding not improving.

https://www.geordiebootboys.com/new...fael-benitez-wants-sean-longstaff-at-everton/

Newcastle can’t let Sean Longstaff join Everton right now​

The centre-midfielder hasn’t played a lot of football under Eddie Howe. But he did make his first start in our previous game – the 1-1 draw with Manchester United.

There were a lot of exceptional performances in black and white, and Longstaff was one of them. He played an important role in our only goal of the game, setting up Allan Saint-Maximin to give us the lead.

But Longstaff was everywhere that night at St James’ Park. And it was an indication that he could have a future under Howe.

There is a player in there but I just think we could get better however we are under financial constraints.

If you look at our other midfield options:

Gbamin - still not been given a chance after a long layoff.

Davies - he hasn't kicked on and his time at the club has to be over with.

Gomes - again like Gbamin not come through his injury problems but he is a option.

Delph - out of contract so we don't need to waste our time.

Sigurdsson - Prison/Free

Onyango - another long term injury, young and should be given a chance.

We don't really have the best options so it's not a bad option if we can get him for a good price for £2-5m.

There is a player in there but I just think we could get better however we are under financial constraints.

If you look at our other midfield options:

Gbamin - still not been given a chance after a long layoff.

Davies - he hasn't kicked on and his time at the club has to be over with.

Gomes - again like Gbamin not come through his injury problems but he is a option.

Delph - out of contract so we don't need to waste our time.

Sigurdsson - Prison/Free

Onyango - another long term injury, young and should be given a chance.

We don't really have the best options so it's not a bad option if we can get him for a good price for £2-5m.

I’d be more concerned with his PL wage demands than his fee.

Not against this at all… love how our fans immediately reject a player because he doesn’t have a foreign name. He’s young, has premier league experience and probably would relish a new challenge after maybe going stale at a club that’s gone stale. As stated previously people were against the signings of Barry
and Mcarthy … both turned out to be great signings for us (before McCarthy’s injuries)… don’t write a player off before he’s even pulled a shirt on.

Status
Not open for further replies.