Transfer Rumour Sean Longstaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feels similar to the response to Martinez taking Janes McCarthy from Wigan. Yet, bar for injuries, was a decent signing.

I've not paid much attention to this kid, but if he only plays for Benitez that's a worry. We've got enough who find and lose form under different coaches.

My thoughts also, as he’s on limited time as our manager.

Feels similar to the response to Martinez taking Janes McCarthy from Wigan. Yet, bar for injuries, was a decent signing.

I've not paid much attention to this kid, but if he only plays for Benitez that's a worry. We've got enough who find and lose form under different coaches.

He's 24.
Not a regular for a relegation threatened side.
Never played international football at any level.
Will no doubt never play regularly for Newcastle as they'll buy midfielders better than him.

5 year deal at Everton please.

Ffs

….I’m ambivalent on this one, I haven’t watched him closely enough to comment.

What I don’t accept are the shouts that he’s ‘better than Delph or Gbamin’. That is a very low bar to be setting and we need much better than that, even at low cost. Rice type from what folk say, just hope he’s not a pudding.

If we turn round and offer him a 2.5 year deal, I’m not against it.

He’s been around the Premier League for a long time, and considering Newcastle haven’t been very good since returning, he’s yet to make a name for himself.

Feel like he won’t be what we needed, we need an explosive midfielder, who can score and assist, and he’s managed 6 combined in 70 league games which isn’t the best, but provided he’s a backup, a replacement for Delph, if you like, then fine.

If we start with Townsend, Longstaff and the rest of the Rafael cronies though, I despair.

Status
Not open for further replies.