Set Pieces

Status
Not open for further replies.

GrandOldTeam

Staff member
Anyone think they were much better last night?

Osman and Pienaar both put some quality balls in - Arteta quite often hits the first man.

Hopefully we vary it a bit now, rather than Arteta dominating all set pieces.

Opinions?

totally agree, arteta has been poor lately from a dead ball, however would have preferred o see him hit that one from the edge of the box instead of yak, so variation would be nice. glad to see cars has taken up the stubbsy thunder drive role

Osman whipped in some good balls too, let's keep it this way. Pienaar takes em on the left. Osman on the right.

Hopefully not giving arteta the responsibility will lower the pressure placed on him.

for too long the side has looked to arteta to provide the spark of creativity to build an attack.

with him not their, it required more thought and a variety of passing, fortunately, ossie and pienaar had good games, cahill was the best hes been for a while and although cars was immense in midfield, he was helped by the organisation and covering of neville. nevs who didnt actually get onto the ball often but concentrated throughout and was always on hand to cut off the runner or cover the tackle.

solid midfield performance last night. was excellent, and really helps the defence.

It shows how far we have come when we dont need Mikel to perform and get a brilliant away win.

Could Arteta's groin injury be effecting his delivery?

Agreed on Pienaar and Osman. They both put some good balls in.

Well there may not have been many chances but the delivery was better than what Arteta's given recently.

Again, I'll point to his injury and that I think it's been keeping him from sending a good ball in to the mixer.

i liked the short corner to neville we used against chelsea in the carling piss-pot.

was hoping to see that last night. it didnt materialise.

Well there may not have been many chances but the delivery was better than what Arteta's given recently.

Again, I'll point to his injury and that I think it's been keeping him from sending a good ball in to the mixer.

We've scored 6 goals from Arteta's corners this season, and against Chelsea the only time we looked like scoring was from them. I agree that they are generally poor but that is the nature of the beast. You either score or create a chance from a corner or it is poor. You only have to get one right in a match to have done well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back