sh*t

Status
Not open for further replies.
That is a real blow as midfield is an area where our resources are stretched very thinly after the sale of Killer and Davies. Hopefully VDM will be back and actually do something worthwhile during the run in.

What a dissapointment when you think how well the midfield was begining to blend over the past few games, i was really looking forward to them getting games and developing an understanding and consistency to what at times has been a showing of real quality.

Its a real blow when you consider its a loss of a potential goal threat (Tell me he didnt get injured by one of our own team). But hopefully Arteta will continue his fine goal scoring form.

For me his loss underlines how badly of we are for out and out wingers at the club with one scenario of moving one of the wide player inside to replace him, likely to be Arteta I.M.O. This would leave AVM or Ossie to cover on the wings. Please, Please, Please dont play Gary Naysmith on the wing. A steady squad playing left back he may be but a winger he isnt.

The other option would be to push fernades in a more attacking role and pushing Neville into the midfeild to hold.

Last edited:
Bad news but Ossie can fill in for him and it is up to us to pull for the team. There will be no one on this planet more upset than Timmy himself but there will also be no one more behind the team than him;) His presence on the field is superb but he has not been himself since returning from injury in January.

At least Cahill will finally get a good break as hes been playing pretty constantly for the past couple of years. Since coming back from injury I don't think he's been himself and has been largely invisible.

A blow to European hopes, but hopefully the team can pull together and get through. I'm not holding my breath though based on the last 4 years finishing under Moyes. Still we're due a strong finish for a change.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back