Sheet music + notes for the Everton Song? (Grand old team)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m planning on making a custom music box for my Fiancé, and was wondering if anyone knows the sheet music for the song? As i need to sort the little note thing that comes with it myself (punch the little holes in to play the notes)

Thank you!
Chords only, Im afraid but it may help?

Good luck, post a vid if you get it sorted, please!

From what I can make out the Song was originally called Hail, Hail? Anyone else agree?

Starts in 1853 with the Opera Il Trovatore (The Troubadour), written by Verdi. In act II, scene 1, the gypsies sing the famous Anvil Chorus below.

Fast forward to 1879. W.S Gilbert and Arthur Sullivan write the comic opera The Pirates of Penzance. They heavily rip off Verdi's Anvil chorus for the song "With cat-like tread, upon our prey we steal", which is sung by the pirates at the climax of the show.

b[G]#-- 0⇣⇡1⇣⇡2⇣⇡3⇣⇡4⇣⇡5⇣⇡6⇣⇡7⇣⇡8⇣⇡9⇣⇡
Its a [G]grand old team to play for
Its a [Em]grand old team to [C]support
An [D]if you know your history
Its [G]enough to make your heart [D]go-ooooooo
[G]We dont care what the red side say
[D]What the heck do we [B7]care
Cause we [Em]only know that there gonna be a show
When the [C]verton [D]boys are [G]there.

Chords List​

See more at: https://www.chords.vip/en/song/it-s-grand-old-team-everton-f-c/Y9oYjGwTL.html

I’m planning on making a custom music box for my Fiancé, and was wondering if anyone knows the sheet music for the song? As i need to sort the little note thing that comes with it myself (punch the little holes in to play the notes)

Thank you!
As Labi Siffre sang...'It must be Love, love, love'.

But fair play, a really unique idea. For goodness sake, though, don't get the hole punches mixed up with that dirge from the musical Carousel...otherwise it may soon be ex-Fiance.

Or you can always try 'Everton, Everton, Everton....' - a bit repetitive but shouldn't go too wrong with that one!

Status
Not open for further replies.