Should Distin get a farewell?

Should Distin get a chance to play one more time?

• Yes - full game

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • Yes - a few minutes as sub

Votes: 165 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha.

Short memories my friend.

Yobo was here longer, more appearances, achieved more and won annual awards - his impact/value was considerably more than Distin.

Yobo was twice the player for Everton.
Yes he was here longer; yes he played more games.

Achieved more? In what way?

He won annual awards in a weaker team....

Yes he was here longer; yes he played more games.

Achieved more? In what way?

He won annual awards in a weaker team....

To jog memories.

Yobo. Moyes' first signing. Here for 10+ years. Held record appearances for overseas player, Won player of the year awards, Captained the Club... was in the team that finished 4th in your words, "a weaker team".

If you rate Distin higher, sound. But that's irrelevant, my point was there being no call for Yobo to say "good bye"...

Whatever his differences with Roberto Martinez, Sylvain Distin has been a good signing for Everton.
He was not ridiculously expensive, has performed well for the most part and as such, to my mind, if he appears tomorrow for the 'lap of appreciation' he should be given a decent send off as it seems 99.9% certain that he will be leaving during the summer.

Yobo. Moyes' first signing. Here for 10+ years. Held record appearances for overseas player, Won player of the year awards, Captained the Club... was in the team that finished 4th in your words, "a weaker team".
I don't think there's any dispute about the 04/05 team being weaker than ones in our recent past. Quite a bit inferior than 07/08, for example, or even last season's team.

The fact we finished 4th is just a reflection of how poor the standard of the PL was that year, in my opinion. We finished 4th with only 61 points, and a minus goal difference.

I'd be interested to hear the names of these better players. Don't recall any good ones leaving without some form of acknowledgement.

Distin has been far more than we could have hoped for, given his age and the fee when we signed him. One of the best CBs this club has had in the last thirty years IMHO. He's played over 200 games for us and has made no more or less massive errors than any other player in his time here. He's still better than the douche who's taken his place in the squad (Alcaraz) and also better than some other starting CBs in the pre. The hatred on here for him is mind-boggling and smells faintly of racism.

Neville Southall
Dave Watson
Hell, you could argue Gareth bloody Farelly did more by scoring one goal.
Yobo has been mentioned.
Pat Nevin
Did Graeme Sharp get anything?

The list is pretty endless.

As for the racism line, I hope that's a poor attempt at popcorning.

If you can accept mediocrity as deserving in acknowledgement then fair enough. For me I'm pretty bored of it as it's been going on too long.

Think it's already been mentioned, but his farewell should be when they do the lap of honour, funny thing is, it will be interesting if Distin actually joins in the lap of honour.

Yeah this would be more suitable I think. Like what Phil Neville did.

You're probably right though. He wasn't at the Awards I don't think so might not even want to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back