Should Distin get a farewell?

Should Distin get a chance to play one more time?

• Yes - full game

Votes: 30 10.9%
  • Yes - a few minutes as sub

Votes: 165 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 80 29.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
When people say "he's been a disruptive influence in the dressing room", are they assuming then that he's led some sort of revolt in the style of football being played and all the other players acted like little kids and were scared of this "bully" who was causing ructions so he was banished to the u21's ( where surely if he was a disruptive influence to the first team then you would keep him well away from the u21's )

My thoughts are that he was playing crap, bit so were we and challenged Martinez's authority as he was the elder of all the players and wasn't happy with how things were going and Martinez didn't take too kindly to it. As the eldest outfield player it probably would make sense that he would be the one to voice disapproval. There will only ever be one winner when it comes to a player v manager and that's the manager. If it was numerous players well that's a different story.

Jesus Christ

You do have to laugh at the attitude of footballers these days when they believe paying them £40-50k a week to do nothing is showing a lack of respect....i'd be happy for my boss to show me the same lack of respect for the next 6 months..

Martinez said something about his performance at Swansea in the Cup (i think) and he reacted like a massive tit apparently. He and Eto'o were bad bells and thats why he tried to get rid of both in January. Makes you think why Roberto was willing to let him go in Jan despite Alcaraz not being the most dependable fitness wise.
We applauded a player on Sunday who told others to leave because the manager had a go at him.

Ossie shouldve remembered his Jarg turk roots and shived him when they had beef
ByOZc.gif

Let's not use the FA Cup semi final mistake as a stick to beat him with ffs.

It was a mistake. As in he didn't mean to do it. How can you have a go?

Let's not use the FA Cup semi final mistake as a stick to beat him with ffs.

It was a mistake. As in he didn't mean to do it. How can you have a go?

Probably sounds like I'm having a go but I'm really not mate.

I don't think he's been bad at all. Just not worthy of tons of praise.

Honest question, why did you applaud him?

I think we've got our value out of Distin, but really nothing else. We won nothing with him and in fact lost a few important games because of him (and probably won some too I admit).

He's just what we've been for the last 10ish years, average to decent. Nothing more.

Just don't really get the love.
Honest answer: I don't love Distin however having watched him week in, week out for the better part of six(?) years I was more than happy to give him a good send off for all of the effort he's put in for us on the pitch.

Whether we should be applauding anyone who earns more in a week than most of us do in a year for doing their job is another matter entirely as is the answer to the question 'is he a bit of a bellend behind the scenes?'

For what it's worth I'd applaud any of our players in the same scenario.

Even Osman.

Fight me.

giphy.gif

I
Honest answer: I don't love Distin however having watched him week in, week out for the better part of six(?) years I was more than happy to give him a good send off for all of the effort he's put in for us on the pitch.

Whether we should be applauding anyone who earns more in a week than most of us do in a year for doing their job is another matter entirely as is the answer to the question 'is he a bit of a bellend behind the scenes?'

For what it's worth I'd applaud any of our players in the same scenario.

Even Osman.

Fight me.

giphy.gif

I think I just worry that better players didn't get anything.

Ah well. It's all over now.

Agree with this.

He deserved the applause he received for his contribution over his time here, and to be fair his contribution in the short time he was on the pitch was excellent.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back