Should Dyche get the Bournemouth game?

Should Dyche get the Bournemouth game?

• 1) Yes

Votes: 42 40.8%
  • 2) No

Votes: 61 59.2%

• Total voters

Under normal circumstances I'd consider it madness to sack Dyche, he did a very good job with what he had to work with and it's only two games this season. But the nagging question I have is....

When DO you sack Sean Dyche? The deeper you go into a relegation battle, the more he's the man with the experience to get you out of it- because his teams are always in relegation battles. Then when he does get you out of it, well you can't sack him then because he did a great job getting you out of it.

So you almost HAVE to go early, before he gets you into the next relegation battle, to nip it in the bud, if you want to aim for anything other than that cycle.

They won't sack him I'm sure, and normally I'd agree with that, but in this case I think it might be the best and possibly only time to do it.

Will it improve with him in charge?

No. He isn’t the long term solution.

Would another manager get more from this set of players?

I honestly don’t think so.

Could it get worse with another manager?

Possibly.

It’s a thankless job for any manager, given the circumstances, and I think he deserves a lot of credit for turning us around last season.

I don’t think he’s likeable, I hate the playing style but last season should afford him some more time to get things right.

....at what point does Moshiri get concerned...
weeze-vpit.gif

Thelwell, the man who brought in Maupay & Young and gave new contracts to Young & Coleman…. Wouldn’t want this man appointing a new tea lady.
I think most of that is up for debate.

Thelwell did not bring in Ashley Young.

If it’s believed Maupay was Lampards choice too.

We have no money to buy players so we haven’t got any money to sack him and his entire back room team. Without a new owner, who would take on Everton? Nobody would want to manage us in this state.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back