Should Martinez still be manager for the FA Cup Semi Final?

Should Martinez be manager at FA Cup semi final?

• Yes

Votes: 99 10.5%
  • No

Votes: 846 89.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sure Graham Jones learned to walk last night and finally appeared on the side line showing some passion
Surely he could take the team if the gaffer is sacked

Well it has gone this late in the day so I suppose I might as well face up to the fact Martinez is going to still be in charge at Wembley.

I will be going down there with absolutely no optimism.

This is the most shambolic episode in Everton history.

Things have spiralled very quickly. I only ever felt like this right at the end of the Smith era. Last night had a similar ring to it that Boro away had and Southampton was very similar to the West Ham night game that proceeded it. I am quite an optimistic person, but remember saying to my old man after that West Ham game we were down.
My dad rang me last night before the match and asked me what I thought, I said we'd get beat 4-1 (and I knew I was being optimistic). They are the only two times I remember where I just had no faith in us winning games.

The big problem we have currently is that we are awful but we think and try to play like a side that is a top 6 team. At Least under Smith we were awful but played like an awful team (ie packed our team with cloggers and centre halves to keep things tight). Under Moyes we were probably guilty of being better than we were allowed to play. However it is suicide to play so open when you are so bad. Last night really Barkley and Mirallas should have been left on the sidelines for Besic & Gibson and we should have just defended from minute 1.

We have to make a move soon. I do worry if the decline sets in any further we may struggle to get a suitable manager in. Whoever comes in though there has to be some acceptance that this is a major rebuild job.

Well it has gone this late in the day so I suppose I might as well face up to the fact Martinez is going to still be in charge at Wembley.

I will be going down there with absolutely no optimism.

This is the most shambolic episode in Everton history.

Do managers lead teams out in cup semi's or finals only?

Things have spiralled very quickly. I only ever felt like this right at the end of the Smith era. Last night had a similar ring to it that Boro away had and Southampton was very similar to the West Ham night game that proceeded it. I am quite an optimistic person, but remember saying to my old man after that West Ham game we were down.
My dad rang me last night before the match and asked me what I thought, I said we'd get beat 4-1 (and I knew I was being optimistic). They are the only two times I remember where I just had no faith in us winning games.

The big problem we have currently is that we are awful but we think and try to play like a side that is a top 6 team. At Least under Smith we were awful but played like an awful team (ie packed our team with cloggers and centre halves to keep things tight). Under Moyes we were probably guilty of being better than we were allowed to play. However it is suicide to play so open when you are so bad. Last night really Barkley and Mirallas should have been left on the sidelines for Besic & Gibson and we should have just defended from minute 1.

We have to make a move soon. I do worry if the decline sets in any further we may struggle to get a suitable manager in. Whoever comes in though there has to be some acceptance that this is a major rebuild job.

+1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back