Should Phil Neville be anywhere near our first team?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Neville's great leadership quality doesn't make up for his lack of footballing ability. Simple.

A captain should be a footballer first and a leader second.

Do you reckon Hibbert never made any mistakes when an inexperienced youngster first getting game time?

If Coleman plays at right back i'm fully expecting him to mistakes. I'm also fully expecting him to give us an extra dimension going forward which helps us score goals.

And the only way he is ever going to fully be able to step up and be the right back we hope he is is to have the manager trust in him and actually play him.

He needs games. Unless he's genuinly that bad at right back there's no point ever playing him there, which would suggest the last 2 seasons. But not last Wednesday. Or gaining promotion with Blackpool.

Fair points mate. I'd be happy to try him against some of the lesser opposition, especially if we've got a few games in a row where any mistakes he might make shouldn't be that important, but in the cup games I've seen him at right back he's not looked comfortable defensively. That might just be confidence and it might also be because Moyes isn't intending to play him there in the premiership so he's not getting the coaching he needs to play there, I don't know. I do know that if he plays there and has a shocker then people here will go ape sh*t and be asking why Hibbert or Neville wasn't playing there.

He was boss going forwards against Orient from right back. If he can tighten up defensively he could grow into the right back position and make it his.

Before this season i always thought he got a bit too much stick but this season his performances have hammered home that he is no longer up to the task.

Whether it's because he's regressed a lot in recent times, that the players we've signed recently have emphasized is mediocrity or I was just blind to it before I just don't know.

Either way, he really needs to be dropped. Hopefully we'll get that Belgian dude and Gibson's injury isn't bad, otherwise he could really hinder us.

we were the better side today until gibson went off. we had so many better options on the bench than bringing hibbert on and pushing captain marvel into midfield. we easily could've dropped fellaini deeper, brought mirallas on, and played one of him, naismith or pienaar off jelavic. in short, moyes' fault today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back