Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fulham Football Club is delighted to announce that Holland international John Heitinga has signed from Everton, initially until the end of the season.

The 30-year-old centre-back joined Everton in 2009 from Atletico Madrid, making 140 appearances for the Merseyside club.

Heitinga came through Ajax’s youth academy and made his senior debut for the Amsterdam club in August 2001 against Feyenoord. He went on to make over 200 appearances during seven successful seasons at Ajax before moving to Spain.

Heitinga played in all of the Holland’s matches en route to and including the Final of the 2010 World Cup where they lost 1-0 against Spain after extra-time. He has made 87 appearances for his country and has scored 7 goals.

He was voted Dutch Footballer of the Year in 2008 and was recognised by Everton supporters as their Player of the Year in 2012.

“I’m really pleased to get the move completed and I’m looking forward to playing my first game,” Heitinga told fulhamfc.com. “I think it’s a good move for myself and I’m looking forward to meeting my teammates. I’ve spoken already with René Meulensteen and I think it’s the right club for me.

“This is a club with a great history and I always enjoyed playing at Craven Cottage, I really like it as a stadium. It’s not one of the biggest but it’s got something special.

“Of course I know Maarten Stekelenburg very well – we were players at Ajax together and we played many years in the national team together.

“I chose Fulham because the feeling was good and what was also important was the conversation between me and René. He knows exactly what he wants and I know exactly what I want. The main thing is to keep Fulham in the league and hopefully the boys will start with a win against Southampton.”

To be fair, I'd still prefer mcgeady and traore to jelavic and heitinga. Bit disappointed but let's hope deulofeu will make an impact as he returns.

An absolute disgrace the owners of this club.

Now just sit back and watch their little helpers point at Martinez and say he wanted this to happen this way.

Money comes in, money stays in.

Carpet baggers.

Lukaku just a few weeks away...yeah right.

No need to tell lies about that one now the window is shut. He'll be out for months.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back