Silly Season January 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly didn't think we'd let Johnny go if we didn't have a replacement lined up, especially given all the injuries piling up. Bit disappointing considering the current league position and cup campaign going well. There's a good chance it will trail off into nothing now. Never mind, i'm sure we'll have a strong summer, and if we manage to sustain our current league position then it will be a bonus.

Johnny has been useless for the past two seasons, we don't need a replacement for him! We're currently pushing for Europe and people still need something to complain about.

It's not the board's fault that Heitenga rejected West Ham and left us with 30 minutes to get a replacement!

Even if we had someone in our minds, we would have to bid, get a medical done and papers signed. It would be a panic buy at last - there is no need.

Honestly, not even a punt for a young midfielder? We're very thin, and Martinez must know that. I'd like to give Bobby enough power to tell us the exact truth, then force the board to give him the funds to truly compete.

Now I am fuming. Not sure we are stronger at the end of January than at the start despite losing the 2 wastes of space as we have more injuries and lack numbers.

Anyone happy that he's leaving without a replacement lined up needs their head checked in my opinion.

£1.6m is not a lot of savings, I'll give you that. But Heitinga has been poor for us and it was time to move on. We still have four first team centerhalves in Jags, Distin, Alcaraz, and Stones.

That's that then,lets just hope the injured players get back quick,perhaps there nearer to fitness than we think.The window is always going to be like this until we get mega rich owners,but that probably will never happen.

Greg O'Keeffe ‏@GregOK 4m
Martinez and his team examined the possibilities & decided not to bring anyone in. Sure the manager will explain his reasoning tomorrow #EFC

AKA BIll says we have no cash, and we cant buy anyone this window

Anyone happy that he's leaving without a replacement lined up needs their head checked in my opinion.

£1.6m is not a lot of savings, I'll give you that. But Heitinga has been poor for us and it was time to move on. We still have four first team centerhalves in Jags, Distin, Alcaraz, and Stones.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back