Silverware v Europe

If you were the Don, which would you prioritise?

• Silverware

Votes: 140 76.5%
  • Europe

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • Cheese Jaffle

Votes: 17 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate these threads, I was lucky to be supporting Everton in the 80s and if you ask me that question back then every fan will say both, so that’s my answer
FA cup is both Europe and silverware, silly thread, it’s like saying do you want Europe with silverware or Europe without it, pointless thread!

Finishing top 4 would be great but how you’d rather not win the FA cup is beyond me, I’d rather win the league cup than top 4 aswell

i was thinking about this the other day

winning silverware during a pandemic with no fans around feels a bit strange

as much as i would love to win the fa cup, at the same time i would want to celebrate winning it as well

without the celebration, winning it doesn't sound as appealing

anyone else feel the same?

Finishing top 4 would be great but how you’d rather not win the FA cup is beyond me, I’d rather win the league cup than top 4 aswell
Not for me. Top 4 would be a game changer and it’s about longevity. We could attract top players in the champions league. Abs the Better players you have the more chance you have of getting trophies.

Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea. There can have poor seasons finish 6th/7th abs still attract top players we can’t. Finishing 10th and winning the cup. We would still struggle to sign great players and keep some of our best ones.
And the media would spin it as a mid table club getting lucky.

Spurs ate the only team that have progressed from 7th/8th to top 4 and not won anything, but have come close. Liverpool under Klopp became top 4 regulars first, before they won trophies as did City.

Not for me. Top 4 would be a game changer and it’s about longevity. We could attract top players in the champions league. Abs the Better players you have the more chance you have of getting trophies.

Utd, Liverpool, Chelsea. There can have poor seasons finish 6th/7th abs still attract top players we can’t. Finishing 10th and winning the cup. We would still struggle to sign great players and keep some of our best ones.
And the media would spin it as a mid table club getting lucky.

Spurs ate the only team that have progressed from 7th/8th to top 4 and not won anything, but have come close. Liverpool under Klopp became top 4 regulars first, before they won trophies as did City.
I couldn’t care less how the media spin it, we haven’t won a trophy for 26 years!! Spurs have just had their best 3-4 years for ages in terms of the team and manager under Pochettino.. but what will they be remembered for? Finishing in the top 4 for a few seasons.. look at them now, no better than us. Give me a trophy any day that’s what football is about

The powers that be are NOT going to allow us to finish in the top 4 this year. No way. The narrative this year has clearly been set as the the two Manchester clubs slugging it out for the title and Liverpool trailing in third. Leicester, Spurs and Chelsea are obviously supposed to be the next three in line and we will be tolerated in displacing one or even two of them, but Sky can't afford to have Spurs, Chelsea, Arsenal AND Leicester all missing out.

The best we can realistically hope for this year is fifth place and winning the FA cup.

If you'd offered me that back in August I would have bitten your arm off. For now we are on track for both of these targets and we should be planning the rest of the campaign accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.