Silverware v Europe

If you were the Don, which would you prioritise?

• Silverware

Votes: 140 76.5%
  • Europe

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • Cheese Jaffle

Votes: 17 9.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't really understand this Euro stuff ,what if we get knocked out first round ?
Are the players still happy then ?
The cup will still be a win and silverware in years to come ,what would make you celebrate going out in the early rounds of a European competition if that were to happen ?

In the longer term competing every year in Europe is more important if we are to become a successful club.
However, in the short term I think winning silverware is more important for the boost it would give the club and in particular the fanbase.

i was thinking about this the other day

winning silverware during a pandemic with no fans around feels a bit strange

as much as i would love to win the fa cup, at the same time i would want to celebrate winning it as well

without the celebration, winning it doesn't sound as appealing

anyone else feel the same?
Behave, it would be great, not as great, but still great.

I don't really understand this Euro stuff ,what if we get knocked out first round ?
Are the players still happy then ?
The cup will still be a win and silverware in years to come ,what would make you celebrate going out in the early rounds of a European competition if that were to happen ?
Yeah, its nonsense, especially right now with the pandemic it's more of a nuisance

Trophy 100%.

To benefit most from European footy we need to be finishing up there consistently, a season breaking into the top 4 would be great but following it up the year after would be much harder.

Win FA Cup and get the no trophies thing off our back, then push on next season...baring a miracle 4th is gone anyway.
Yes I do know there's some sort of Euro comp for the winner.
But.
It's
The
Cup
used to be THE cup.

Its a difficult one but I'd go for Europe. I think the fa Cup and league Cup are getting lower and lower in terms of prestige season after season and lots of clubs aren't even bothering with both.

Particularly this season playing in front of no fans the cup competitions seem particularly poor. When Arsenal won the FA Cup last season it was like they won the Emirates pre season trophy.

Europe without fans is also not ideal but its a measure of success if your in it and it proves we are progressing.

Status
Not open for further replies.