Sky TV fixtures announcement

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is something quite nostalgic about watching everton play on MOTD. Especially if you didnt go the game or seen the goals on social media.

I remember a friend when he was 14 was not allowed to know the everton score all day and was made to watch MOTD with the family. Used to love spoiling his and his parents day. How times have changed.

Wah, wahhhhhhhh, wahhhh. Wahhhhhh. Sky don't like us. Why can't we be on TV more. Why are they on more than us etc etc. But we go the game. What does it matter. Some of you need to get a grip.
I'm 46 years old, a very immature 46 years old. Would be very interested to see the average age of posters on here as i reckon it must be very low, given all the paranoia & conspiracies. grow up.

Wah, wahhhhhhhh, wahhhh. Wahhhhhh. Sky don't like us. Why can't we be on TV more. Why are they on more than us etc etc. But we go the game. What does it matter. Some of you need to get a grip.
I'm 46 years old, a very immature 46 years old. Would be very interested to see the average age of posters on here as i reckon it must be very low, given all the paranoia & conspiracies. grow up.
We aren't all capable of going to the game? Have you thought that some of us might live outside Liverpool?

It's also costing the club money which in turn could've been invested in the squad, it's not about watching them on tv. Also the exposure introduces you to a new generation of fans.

Last edited:
The ONLY thing that
It's also costing the club money which in turn could've been invested in the squad, it's not about watching them on tv. Also the exposure introduces you to a new generation of fans.
The ONLY thing that will attract a new generation of fans is having a good team that plays attractive football, achieve this & more exposure will follow. The past 2 seasons 10 teams have been better than us. To put it bluntly, we don't & havent deserved it. That's it in a nutshell, no conspiracies about the media towards us, no paranoia, we are where we are because we've not been very good. As I say, im 46 & my dad would also take me to watch Liverpool when we were playing away, Everton fans going to watch Liverpool wasn't unheard of in them days. I just think the older generation of fans don't get caught up in all this paranoia/conspiracy stuff. The younger Blues seem to have a massive chip on their shoulder though, because they've not really seen much success. I'll prob be called a Kopite because these younger fans can't handle my opinion. I could sit down all day & talk football to the older, more mature Blues but sit me down with the new generation & the talk will always come down to their hatred of 'other' teams, the anti Everton media etc etc. I find it a bit embarrassing to be honest

The ONLY thing that

The ONLY thing that will attract a new generation of fans is having a good team that plays attractive football, achieve this & more exposure will follow.

Liverpool are attracting new fans all of the time and they don't play attractive football, also I'm older than you claim to be and have seen us successful. I doubt you're a red because joining an Everton forum would be taking paranoia to a whole new level.

Last edited:
Liverpool are attracting new fans all of the time and they don't play attractive football, also I'm older than you claim to be and have seen us successful. I doubt you're a red because joining an Everton forum would be taking paranoia to a whole new level.

the redshite tough sometimes win stuff or are close to it. i cant imagine their manager whoever it might be to tell the fans that two lost semi finales of domestic cup is a success.

hopefully we can secure dresden cup trophy as an excuse for the new manager for the next 10 years :)

The ONLY thing that

The ONLY thing that will attract a new generation of fans is having a good team that plays attractive football, achieve this & more exposure will follow. The past 2 seasons 10 teams have been better than us. To put it bluntly, we don't & havent deserved it. That's it in a nutshell, no conspiracies about the media towards us, no paranoia, we are where we are because we've not been very good. As I say, im 46 & my dad would also take me to watch Liverpool when we were playing away, Everton fans going to watch Liverpool wasn't unheard of in them days. I just think the older generation of fans don't get caught up in all this paranoia/conspiracy stuff. The younger Blues seem to have a massive chip on their shoulder though, because they've not really seen much success. I'll prob be called a Kopite because these younger fans can't handle my opinion. I could sit down all day & talk football to the older, more mature Blues but sit me down with the new generation & the talk will always come down to their hatred of 'other' teams, the anti Everton media etc etc. I find it a bit embarrassing to be honest

You do seem a little obsessed with the Italian harmers in fairness mate.

More than 50% of your posts so far contains a reference to them.

Sky may not like us but one thing I have noticed, and you can look out for ... we ALWAYS get mentioned in the commentary, usually in the first 10 or 15 minutes, no matter who is playing, the main commentator (what's his name?) likes to make an Everton connection. It's quite comical once you notice it.

On another topic, Sunderland (a) moved to a weekday evening AGAIN. When was the last time we played at Sunderland on a Saturday?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back