So called clear out

Status
Not open for further replies.
The season finished a week ago and there's been nothing from the club, no statement about the catastrophe of a season we've just had. If there aren't lessons learned then we're doomed and I can imagine our Board sat there looking at the season just gone finding every excuse possible to deflect the blame from them. It was injuries, dodgy refs, the sky 6, Rafael Bentiez, Covid, The War in Ukraine... and so on. Until this lot hold a mirror to themselves and actually accept some responsibility I fear any upturn in fortunes will be temporary at best.
Agreed.

No doubt the whitewash 'strategic review' will be published at a time when attention is elsewhere: fixture announcements is my guess.

Agreed.

No doubt the whitewash 'strategic review' will be published at a time when attention is elsewhere: fixture announcements is my guess.
On a par with this, bet we see the released list over this jubilee nonsense. Hide the Delph and Kenny new contracts.

I'll be surprised if Everton ever publish any strategic review. I doubt they're even doing one, but if they are they will keep it in house.

We are so bad we can't even release the release list!

First of all, the ones going for deffo are those whose contract expires, so there is a few.

Now the others possibly could be sold, i,e. Richie, Mina, Keane, Allan.

But as to others who are still in contract that we want out like Gomes, Kenny, and there are a couple of other deadwood but it is dependent on a club offering for them and they wanting to leave.

So Charles care to draw up a release list and the prospects.

First of all, the ones going for deffo are those whose contract expires, so there is a few.

But as to others who are still in contract that we want out like Gomes, Kenny, and there are a couple of other deadwood but it is dependent on a club offering for them and they wanting to leave.

Thats the point mate, we dont know yet if the players whos contracts are expiring in 30 days have been retained yet.

My heart would say keep them both and build around them, however my head (and I suspect our accountants) versus our needs would suggest one must go.

There's glaring deficiencies in our squad where we need to invest and soon, but right now we may struggle to do so based on our perilous financial situation.

We cannot risk another season with the current squad and more so with the inevitable departure of a few high earners, which means one will likely have to go.

The hope is that the board invest the money wisely and it improves us rather than a decline: look at the RS invested; look at how Palace have been revitalised.
They dont play well together and that’s the problem. Both want to score and make the wrong decisions time and time again.

I heard a good point on a podcast…it said how many times do you see a team break away and thing they score here but with Everton you think.. how will they mess this up

Loans going back:
El Ghazi
Van de Beak

First Team Squad End of Contract:
Lonergan
Begovic
Tosun
Delph
Kenny
Sigurdsson

Under 23's released:
?