Match Thread Southampton v Everton. 15th Aug at 12.45.

How worried are you?

• Dead worried

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • Pissed off like

Votes: 134 27.5%
  • Not that arsed

Votes: 51 10.5%
  • I'm a grown adult

Votes: 104 21.3%
  • Shakiri is a pipe little hobbit

Votes: 92 18.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it's more their fitness mate to be fair.
I know, which is why I'll give him a little slack, but if they are on the bench, they should be fit to play 2nd half so hope he subs one or two on.

Fully fit, I hope he plays them together but not confident he will.

There are many ways of playing, but only one right way for us, and he's got two brilliant attacking flank players sat on the bench.

Probably half fit and would have been used in a system that has proven to be a busted flush as of late.

Perhaps with this line-up we'll see Barry deep as one holding midfielder instead of two, and we attack up the middle with Cleverley/McCarthy given licence to push higher.

I'm prepared to wait before needlessly fuming - let's see what happens; at least it's something new instead of the same old Martinez deck of predictable tricks that we've seen for the best part of two years.

When did Martinez last manage to get us to do that?

Therein lies the conundrum.

Saying that we were ok 2nd half last week apart from bad defending once again, just need more consistency.

I refuse to be angry so early in the season it's pointless.

From what I saw at last week's game we need to get Cleverly on the ball more today with 2 big guys up top. At every opportunity we need to deliver into the box and if we aren't successful with an effort on target, at least be around the box picking up 2nd ball. Let's be positive and cheer the boys on to hopefully 3 points. Come on the boys!!

This could work a treat or backfire spectacularly.

There are options from the bench at least, if it's not working.

There's bound to be goals and plenty of them.

There is the very distinct possibility with have the best winger partnership in the Prem on the bench, can someone tell Martinez that FFS.

Hope he double subs them on 2nd half but I'm dreaming.

I think when Kone came on last week Everton looked more like scoring, and in fact Kone was responsible for both goals. We have wanted someone to partner Lukaku for a while and to see if Rom can achieve his potential. This is a good way.

Either Kone and Lukaku will strike up a brilliant partnership that will be talked of for generations, with all praise going to the mastermind Martinez....

OR

We will finally see this as conclusive proof that Lukaku was a waste of money and Martinez will be sacked.

Whichever one of these two happens, everyone will say that they had always been of that opinion.

I'm calling it now! :D

CMcapFbWsAAgDSu.jpg:large

Are we playing in that horrible new third kit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back