Spirit of The Blues at Leicester today

Status
Not open for further replies.
There may be other clubs that make up the body of top flight football but make no mistake we are the beating heart of it. Without us it's a collection of random parts where each is important - but we hold it togther on behalf of all clubs.
We may not be totally safe yet - but I believe with Lampard in charge we are going to go from strength to strength. He's helped us find our pride again.
You cannot buy class and dignity. You have to earn it over many years. This has been one of the hardest that we've ever faced and we're still in there fighting.
What a fanbase and what a club.

Watching in New Zealand at 1am last night, all you could hear on the stream was Spirit of the Blues, Ooohh Anthony Gordon, and super Frank Lampard for two hours. Leicester never had a chance.

Well done travelling Blues. You did us all proud.

Absolutely mad that stream

Just Evertonians in full voice all game and after as well.

Couldnt hear anything else...

Woke up earlier with Spirit of the Blues in my head over and over.

What a time to be alive lol ;)

Love that song!!!

It has to replace grand old team (sorry lads) as the first song played at the final whistle!

All I can see is Bills fat head every time grand old team is played

As an overseas fan, it can feel very easy to be disconnected from the club, the concept of ‘people’s club’ and all of that.

The last week or so has shown me why the club deserves that monicker. Amazing stuff from the fans, and great stuff from the players to follow it along onfield.

I’m starting to feel like a proud Blue again. I hope they can finish the job now.

And Frank seems to ‘get us’. I hope he manages us for many years to come.

We really do need to adopt this song as the official one for the club before and after games. I've always loved Grand Old Team but honestly as a song, it doesn't inspire optimism and togetherness half as much as Spirit of the Blues does.

Absolutely mad that stream

Just Evertonians in full voice all game and after as well.

Couldnt hear anything else...

Woke up earlier with Spirit of the Blues in my head over and over.

What a time to be alive lol ;)
Goodison and away fans yesterday a massive factor in us staying up. Phenomenal.

This is why wools like me love Everton. Only a handful of clubs in the country that can do that for their team.

It's very very special.

Onwards and upwards blues ?
I can honestly say I felt more emotional watching the highlights of our fans during and after that game than I have in decades of following the Toffees. The impact that the crowd had cannot be underestimated. The noise was incredible and relentless. Fans of teams that continually win and take it for granted will never have that same level of emotion, because it means so much more when your team have fallen from being at the pinnacle of English football to simply making up the numbers in the Premier League. Moments like this make you even more angry at how the club has been run as these fans deserve more. On the plus side we have real momentum now and with the great coverage by NBC we should gain even more numbers of new fans. Most have that particular moment when they decide to follow a team and seeing the scenes of our fans during and after the Leicester game will no doubt be that moment for lots of new Evertonians.

Put this support in a bottle and use it in every game, whatever the performance, to give the lads a lift. They may be made more than what would make Croesus blush, but they're only human beings and need confidence.

Status
Not open for further replies.