Sporting 3-0 Everton

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were [Poor language removed] in Europe, pains me to say but we are.

We give too much respect to foreign sorts, just go out and play at our tempo and let them worry about us instead of trying to play this "controlled football" bullsh*t.

Bearing in mind, I got no coaching badges like but I'm furious and just want to hurt things.

:lol:

Made me laugh.

We are afraid of Carlos Kickaball though, you're right.

Sigh - big game against opposition that can pass the ball, Everton get tonked. How many times can this club disappoint, honestly. So upsetting.

Sounds like Moyes wants to give some people a good kicking before thinking about Tottenham. I'd love to join him.

I am not fit enough to do the run up I need to kick a certain few properly. I hope he doesn't jump on his sword like after Bucharesti, but I hope to high heavens he burns a few. Because that Bucharesti game is the last time I recall us being so intrinsically bad. For shame.

i think this tie is 50-50. European aways are tough. if they get the first goal then expect plenty of play-acting, diving, feigning injuries etc to slow the game down. Even though their form is rubbish, their season hinges on this tie and they have plenty of players who could raise their game. Not to mention we have 2 non-match fit center backs. gonna be nerve racking me thinks.

Cant believe i was so optimistic :@

Who's the scapegoat for this one lads?

Sir Alex Ferguson, had he put a proper side out with the will to win last saturday our lads tonight would have been too [Poor language removed]-scared to turn up at a canter like they did tonight.
Big-Time-Charlie syndrome, 'we beat the holding champions and the former champions, everyone thinks we are great'.
Wake them up Moyes, Fines, Training and hospital visits and community service. Mollycoddled footballers that do not know the word 'fight', the word 'steel', the word 'desire'.

Sir Alex Ferguson, had he put a proper side out with the will to win last saturday our lads tonight would have been too [Poor language removed]-scared to turn up at a canter like they did tonight.
Big-Time-Charlie syndrome, 'we beat the holding champions and the former champions, everyone thinks we are great'.
Wake them up Moyes, Fines, Training and hospital visits and community service. Mollycoddled footballers that do not know the word 'fight', the word 'steel', the word 'desire'.

But seem to have a very clear idea of the word "salary".

I think if there are people think we were [Poor language removed] base on the score, then they need to get there eye sight check out, as they clearly not watched the same game I was watching.

Can't exactly say we played badly just more to do with the intentional problem, we were not trying hard enough to score a goal, Donovan substitution was an mistake we needed his pace on the right.

Although we had few opportunities but we did have good ones, and it clearly show Yakubu are still not sharp enough, he was not on to the ball quick enough, which allow the keeper to make himself big and giving the defender time to close down space.

It was clearly not our day with Saha getting in a good position but his first touch let him down when he had enough time to fire a shots past the defender and keeper and hopfully it's a good one and end up in the goal, but again couldn't get a shots at the goal because of his first touches.

No point defending the lads any more than I am doing, at the end of the day we lost the game and tie and are out of the Europa League, but I did look at it this way, now we could concentrate in our final 12 games of the season, Europa League again next season is a real possibility and we do have an outside chance in 4th place & Champion League, if we could keep up the good work we have been doing in the league recently!

Last edited:
Utter [Poor language removed].

Really disappointed. Not pissed off, or gutted, or anything like that - just disappointed.

Seems Moyes can't get the side motivated for more than 1 game at a time.

Neville should have put the side stepping weapon in the stands. I mean ffs do the Portugese know any other tactic?

Oh and The Mout looked like John Cleese.

I also think we need to get Arteta out of the side asap, but unfortunately it doesn't look we are going to be able to.

I know he's not match fit, but a player of his standard doesn't need to rely on fitness to make a pass or a decent cross. I'm sorry but he doesn't.

So annoyed at the ridiculous performance of the team, sat far too deep, never even tried until they scored, what type of plan did they have?! Such a stupid way to go about a game.

I'm not blaming the players at all if they were sent out to defend, defend, defend. It seems Moyes has learned NOTHING from years of negative tactics and the occasional attacking display (as per away to Arsenal, at home to United). It's Captain Obvious material to even the blind dogs in the street, but Moyes apparently still doesn't get it.... Either that, or the players went on a bender after beating United and thought they only had to show up tonight.

In any event, it was a disgusting, big girl's blouse, watery, disheveled outrage of a performance that should see the entire team and the manager fined a month's wage... Although I'd be happier to see him go to Man Utd to be Fergie's understudy and maybe learn something about the game before managing anyone ever again.

I am not fit enough to do the run up I need to kick a certain few properly. I hope he doesn't jump on his sword like after Bucharesti, but I hope to high heavens he burns a few. Because that Bucharesti game is the last time I recall us being so intrinsically bad. For shame.

We had a league match or two this season that were so bad people wanted to riot.

Seriously.

Tie was essentially lost in the first leg in hindsight. Had that penalty never happened I genuinely believe we'd be in the last 16 now.

My thoughts on the match:

Everton were absolutely poor. I had told Chico that Everton could have put an end to this round but they never looked able to pace the game up at Goodison. Surprising to me.

Chico, I told that I had no faith in Sporting but also that they could wake from that long sleep. They did.

Bottom line, the best bunch of individuals won. The better team lost.
Surprisingly, Sporting looked something close to a team, Everton didn't.

3-0... 2 stabbs in half my heart.

Fellows, the Mout played his best match of this season. Still, not even close to what he has already produced in other occasions.

Izmailov vs Bily (7 vs 7) I think Izmailov is the clear winner. Pitty he might be on his way back to Lokomotiv because Sporting has to pay for "S.hitama" Pongolle.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back