Squad Numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.
gibbo, was still there for 2 weeks after morgan. i blame him for morgan getting no 2. should have been retired after hibbo

gibbo, was still there for 2 weeks after morgan. i blame him for morgan getting no 2. should have been retired after hibbo

ah, that answers my question ha, couldn't for the life of me remember who had no. 4. He's such a forgettable player, did a quiz on all of everton's premier league players. Kept forgetting him, every time i tried ha

Young Tom is still finding his feet (albeit very well) in the Premier League. He is not a full back and would be exposed if he was. Let him to continue to develop in his favoured position.

I sort of agree, but, I'd rather see him get minutes at full back than sit in the bench. Also think he could handle it

Happy with these numbers apart from Morgs still with #2. Would much prefer him to move to #4 and Keane to get #14.

Not as mad as Kone wearing #2 at Wigan and playing up front though.

Didn't Lennon cover RB for a while a couple of season's ago? Would be ok with a back 3 and wingbacks perhaps...

It's happened, Besic too iirc. I see what you're getting at but honestly can't see that ahead of some rotation of Kenny/Holgate/Martina (if he signs). Relatively new to the sport but is having both a wingback on one side and more of a deeper fullback on the other a thing?
Little off topic but curious given the current options.

It's happened, Besic too iirc. I see what you're getting at but honestly can't see that ahead of some rotation of Kenny/Holgate/Martina (if he signs). Relatively new to the sport but is having both a wingback on one side and more of a deeper fullback on the other a thing?
Little off topic but curious given the current options.

It's somewhat common because quality attacking fullbacks are rare (tough to get 2) and when one goes forward, you tend to want the other to hang back and defend unless you accommodate for having two... like we did with Coleman/Baines under Martinez with Barry and McCarthy playing so that they could cover the gaps.

All depends on the players available though rather than an absolute standard of one attacking and one defending... Pulis won't let either past the halfway line

Well, he's had 15 minutes game time for our first team.

Ideally, he gets a run out in pre-season and then in the Europa League qualifiers as well.

He played against Norwich at the end of 2015-16 season and then a few minutes versus Swanseas away last season, but I think he deserved to play right back as soon as Seamus broke his leg, but that is down to Koeman, IMO and I think many other fans he is good enough to play now, he has turned twenty, he's not a kid anymore.

Schneiderlin had mentioned that 8 is his preferred number, so it's likely he'd only switch if Ross ends up leaving.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back