Standard of refereeing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Poor first half better 2nd. Felt lots of 50 50s went spurs way eg the barry foul first half where he got the ball and a bit of the man...

I'd like to agree with you, but given we've conceded soft pens, and had zero ourselves all season I can't.

Kevin Friend, Clattenberg and especially John Moss are shocking
This really, should have gotten about 5/6 and have none. Tosh

Poor first half better 2nd. Felt lots of 50 50s went spurs way eg the barry foul first half where he got the ball and a bit of the man...
Nah, that one was reasonable. It was definitely a high foot. If he hadn't come down on the other guy's knee, he would have gotten away with it, but if you get your studs up that high and then make contact with the other player it'll always be a foul.

clattunberg is a kopite and hates us.

Martinez in the programme notes today says that the reason for the delayed penalty call was that Clattenburg had to consult the linesman ... who was 50 yards away from the incident. Says again that the players were all fuming about it after the game.

Martinez in the programme notes today says that the reason for the delayed penalty call was that Clattenburg had to consult the linesman ... who was 50 yards away from the incident. Says again that the players were all fuming about it after the game.
What I found unbelievable was Chris Bascombe (ex Red Echo, now Daily (Hate) Mail) rated Clattenburg's performance in that game as exceptional. Then again, Kopite's always show love for each other...

Something odd happened with him. Moyes was facing FA censure after "that" derby match when Gerrard, I mean Clattenburg, gave some dodgy decisions. Then it was all quietly brushed aside and the charges against Moyes were dropped.
Then Clattenburg was banned for dodgy business dealings (away from football). Then he gets the ban over-turned but is still kept away from reffing us until 2012 (? - or was it even after Moyes' departure?)

An absolute twunt who shouldn't be allowed near us again. That said, on the pitch we're just soft. Barely a whimper out of us when we get shafted - was the same under Moyes as well.

PL refs are generally great but like everybody they are peeps and will make mistakes. Oliver and Mason have impressed me this season. Where is Dowd? Havent seen this great ref in for a while...

Clat could be world class but has too big ego and needs to be schooled

Got no problem with refs making mistakes as it's one view and one persons perception but some of the decisions' against us have being complete dirge. How can a penalty be refused (Stoke ) when Colman is behind the defender with the lino stood 20 yards away max yet a last minute one is given with the opposite lino's guidance 50 plus yards away? And was it the Palace game when Deulofeu was repeatedly fouled with no second yellow shown? Shoitehawks the lot of them.

The one thing I don't understand about the game yesterday is how they got away with the blatant holding, dragging and pushing of Lukaku all game, Lamela should've been carded for any one of his 3-4 challenges, of which one was right through the back of Barkley and late. Yet Coleman gets the first of the game for an unintentional handball, which if it was in the box, I doubt he would've given a penalty for.

On a more general note, how is it that Deulofeu has made a name for himself after diving once or twice, maybe three times, yet there are others in the league that throw themselves all over the show and always get them (Vardy for one)? Is there an element of jealousy? I dont for one minute condone diving, but just how many times have we got to see Deulofeu skip through 3 defenders and come out the other side limping? He gets kicked to buggery but doesn't go down, he gets nothing, if he does go down for fear of being kicked again, he gets called all sorts.

A good performance overall today by the ref!

How was lamela still on the pitch? He should have been booked in the first half for a late tackle and then got away with about 5-6 more fouls before finally being booked for throwing his hand in Colemans face right in front of the ref?

The one thing I don't understand about the game yesterday is how they got away with the blatant holding, dragging and pushing of Lukaku all game, Lamela should've been carded for any one of his 3-4 challenges, of which one was right through the back of Barkley and late. Yet Coleman gets the first of the game for an unintentional handball, which if it was in the box, I doubt he would've given a penalty for.

On a more general note, how is it that Deulofeu has made a name for himself after diving once or twice, maybe three times, yet there are others in the league that throw themselves all over the show and always get them (Vardy for one)? Is there an element of jealousy? I dont for one minute condone diving, but just how many times have we got to see Deulofeu skip through 3 defenders and come out the other side limping? He gets kicked to buggery but doesn't go down, he gets nothing, if he does go down for fear of being kicked again, he gets called all sorts.
Vardy is a twit,best exponent of the art of diving now that gerrard has fecked off

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back