Standing at Aways and possibly Homes in future

Would you be up for organising a block for away game standing?

• Yes

Votes: 11 47.8%
  • No

Votes: 8 34.8%
  • Good idea, but won't work.

Votes: 4 17.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

barneygumble

Player Valuation: £60m
Right, i've just discussed this on Kipper, seeing as we always moan about how bad our atmosphere is away from home and at Goodison, but i came up with an idea about the Aways, obviously it's ambitious and theres no guarantee it'll work but it's worth a try i reckon, I'm trying to get a specific block where the fans who like standing and Singing and hate the 'bovril' sit down crew e.g. Wigan away Block NS1 where the standing people go.
Obviously it depends massively on numbers, if we can get 200 before the new year if it takes off, then Brilliant, just what i wanted, more then better. I don't know if i'll get slated for the idea, because i know it's Ambitious and isn't as easy as it sounds, cause i know how much of a ******* pain Everton are. The first game i'll try getting this sorted for is Bolton, if theres enough interest, then obviously the plan might work, if there is enough, i'll pick out a block which is likely to be last to sell so that the standers get a majority and not some sitters down, this way people who want to stand and sit won't be left disappointed.

Just leave your feedback, see if it'll work or not, if it does then i'll try getting this to work, may aswell try, don't slate me, that much!

Doesn't standing cause major problems? Like for those behind you, and safety. Don't forget safety.

Thats what i mean mate, if we can get more people standing in an area, hopefully it keeps both sets happy, the standers and the non standers, obviously we'd have the standers not blocking the people who sit.
Safety would basically be no problem because there won't be cramming because there are seats so there won't be crushing.
Lots of teams stand and alot of Evertonians want to have a stand at the match, obviously it's not for everyone, but if we can help everyone out and improve the atmosphere then it's gonna make the aways more enjoyable i think.

Great idea!! There'a petition for the homes too, I think this is the link

yeah, well we've got a few up for this SP, so obviously the next game and first game where were gonna try it is Bolton away on Oct 25th, so were gonna sort a block (bottom corner, all standing of course) and give notice to those sitting to try not sitting there and hopefully theres a bit of atmosphere.

Lid Army, North Face everywhere.

I hate the lid Army, but at least they try getting atmosphere. The Atmosphere lets the boys know we're here, and that can only be a positive, the lids are [Poor language removed], but atmosphere isn't.

Last edited:
Singing sections are ideas small clubs adopt. Sorry but leave things the way they are. Evertonians are amongst the most passionate fans, even if we are not as loud as we could be, we always sell out away ends and when we need to be, were as loud as anyone.

Personally i think that it would be a great ideato stand up for home and away games, rather that just standing up on the odd occation when bainesey makes a dash down the left! It would add to the astmosphere and would make Goodison a place to be feared once again!

Singing sections are ideas small clubs adopt. Sorry but leave things the way they are. Evertonians are amongst the most passionate fans, even if we are not as loud as we could be, we always sell out away ends and when we need to be, were as loud as anyone.

What are you on about? So called 'small clubs' have terracing as they're in the lower leagues.

What has the size of your club got to do with anything? If the team you support is bigger than another teams club that makes you a better person does it?

Last edited:
Out of interest why do you think it's a bad idea? I can understand if someone does not feel that it is for them, but I do think it is a very good idea

What are you on about? So called 'small clubs' have terracing as they're in the lower leagues.

What has the size of your club got to do with anything? If the team you support is bigger than another teams club that makes you a better person does it?

I just think it's the mentality of a Wigan or a Bolton to do 'singing sections'. Small clubs with no atmosphere forcing a singsong in a 'singing section'.

It seems artificial and wrong to me.

We may not sing as much as we could, but we watch the match and whenever we disagree with a bad decision from a ref or something of note happens, there is noone better than Everton fans for making a shout about it; eg Neville tackle on Ronaldo last season

As for standing, it will never work, health and safety will make sure of that. I just think things should be left the way they are, as i said, when we need to be, Evertonians are loud

Status
Not open for further replies.