Start of Games

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Star Spangled Banner

The jury rests it's case m'lud
It is up there with the crap anthem them sewer creatures across the road belt out. Every person who has a go on it has to prove how they can hold that "and the land of the FREEEEEEEEEeeeeEEEEEEEEEE" note while throwing in extra notes and pauses as they see fit, its never the same twice. Crap song.

I'd like to see a wide eyed young mascot kicking the ball at the goal and Southall letting it go in on purpose.

This! I was fortunate enough to get to do this (although mine was against Richard Wright and I'm not sure if he let it in) but neverthess scoring in front of a packed Gwladys Street is an amazing experience.

I think we really do need to follow the US model and have Song 2 played every time we score (with big screen graphics informing the crowd when to shout woo-hoo), and a tannoy announcer telling us 'we don't boo the opposition, we just cheer twice as loud for the EVERTON BLUES!!'

I think we really do need to follow the US model and have Song 2 played every time we score (with big screen graphics informing the crowd when to shout woo-hoo), and a tannoy announcer telling us 'we don't boo the opposition, we just cheer twice as loud for the EVERTON BLUES!!'

I've just been sick in my mouth

Out of interest, does anyone know why Watford have Z Cars? Always wondered what the link was there. I know there are a few songs that a couple of clubs use, but they're usually just generic dance tunes or the Liquidator (what a pile of turd that is btw...) Considering Z Cars is an odd tune if you take away the historical context, I always wondered why Watford adopted it.

Good ones other than us? Sunshine on Leith at Hibs is awesome, and I always liked the Local Hero at Newcastle, probably because its similar to Z Cars. Southport running out to Da Doo Ron Ron is pure comedy!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back