Stat attack - is 4th viable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well... we have to play United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelski, The RS (which we always fluff) away - City at home - not too optimistic about any of those - all the other games are imminently winnable but you know for a fact we will draw a couple. Ergo I reason around about there. Can see Arsenal improving second half of the season and the RS getting some scrawpy, dubious wins. Depends on how many points the others around us pick up.

We're pretty good against good teams. We've beaten man city at home every season of the last four haven't we?

Well... we have to play United, Arsenal, Tottenham, Chelski, The RS (which we always fluff) away - City at home - not too optimistic about any of those - all the other games are imminently winnable but you know for a fact we will draw a couple. Ergo I reason around about there. Can see Arsenal improving second half of the season and the RS getting some scrawpy, dubious wins. Depends on how many points the others around us pick up.

Thing is mate we do better against the good teams than the poor teams.

Even so, can you see WBA or Swansea getting 27 points from their last 14 games ?

Correct me if i'm wrong but this season we have beaten United and spurs and drew against the others you mentioned ( if I remember correclty )...i can't see us losing ALL of them games to be honest.

Villa - Home
United - Away
Norwich - Away
Reading - Home
Arsenal - Away
City - Home
Stoke - Home
Tottenham - Away
QPR - Home
Sunderland - Away
Fulham - Home
Libberpewl - Away
West Ham - Home
Chelski - Away

More difficult than the first half of the season I think.

Villa - Home
United - Away
Norwich - Away
Reading - Home
Arsenal - Away
City - Home
Stoke - Home
Tottenham - Away
QPR - Home
Sunderland - Away
Fulham - Home
Libberpewl - Away
West Ham - Home
Chelski - Away

Yep, but in the first half of the season we got 41 points. Can't see us getting any less than half that from those games. And West Brom or Swansea would literally have to be on Champions League qualifying form to catch us.

Its ours to lose at the moment.
And yes, as discussed before - we did most of that with without 2 first team midfielders.
Could be pleasantly surprised come 19th May.

Villa - Home
United - Away
Norwich - Away
Reading - Home
Arsenal - Away
City - Home
Stoke - Home
Tottenham - Away
QPR - Home
Sunderland - Away
Fulham - Home
Libberpewl - Away
West Ham - Home
Chelski - Away

there's no reason we can't win at least 7/8 of those games

We've got a lot of difficult games against big sides but that might suit us better than playing the lesser lights who we struggle to break down. We'll raise our game and I believe that only United and City have picked up more points against the big guns than us.

Somehow we've got the third best defence in the league. If we can get Mirallas fit and Jelavic firing we could turn draws into wins in the second half of the season.

It's going to be tight but Arsenal and Spurs can both be quite erratic.

Yep, but in the first half of the season we got 41 points. Can't see us getting any less than half that from those games. And West Brom or Swansea would literally have to be on Champions League qualifying form to catch us.

West Brom are pretty dead in the water now and Swansea won't be up to much. OK, we DEFINITELY wont finish 8th. And shouldn't finish below the RS. Not considering how woeful as a team they are.

Villa - Home W
United - Away L
Norwich - Away W
Reading - Home W
Arsenal - Away D
City - Home D
Stoke - Home W
Tottenham - Away L
QPR - Home W
Sunderland - Away W
Fulham - Home W
Libberpewl - Away D
West Ham - Home W
Chelski - Away L

That is my predictions for the games we have left..... realistically.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back