Stature

Status
Not open for further replies.
OH GOD DADDY YOU JUST DON'T UNDERSTAND MY EMOTIONS!!!

You've got to focus to win anything. Focus on every game and play your best team unless you've got an important one coming up soon. We've got Newcastle at home after having two days off more than most teams.

But every club of note rotate their squad in this competition, because they feel there's a greater need elsewhere. Clubs in danger of relegation don't want the fixture pile-up, and clubs pushing for Europe don't. Why should Everton be any different? We're pushing for Europe in the league this season surely?

If you look at our starting eleven tonight, it was a good mix of youth and experience, but we got done away from home to a good standard of opposition. With that in mind, I don't understand the meltdown for a League Cup game.

That winning it wouldn't make a bit of difference to our club, that we're 'above' winning a trophy we have never won and winning it would be the first trophy full stop in two decades.

Basically.

We're above focussing on the competition. No side of our stature or comparative stature does.

I don't care. If we go out, oh well. If we go through, oh well. If we win it, well done, excellent, but it should never be a focus for the club. Key word bolded.

The manager clearly agrees, as do the majority of Premier League managers.

Don't think anybody has said we should focus or prioritise the League Cup at all, you've started arguing a statement which nobody ever made. People were disagreeing with the other nonsense you brought up about us being 'above' the competition.

HUGE difference between not focussing on the League Cup and saying that us getting knocked out doesn't matter and that we're 'too good' for the competition.

Zero trophies in 19 years.

I've always seen the League Cup as a sort of "lesser" trophy than the other domestics

however...

point is, we've never won it, so we should, at least once

we haven't won anything for fkn beards, so I'd now love us to win the fkn thing

and...it being Roberto's 1st season in charge, it would've been a great way to start off, a cup, any fkn cup during his first season in charge

also, it would mean Europe, day out at Wembley, no domestic cup we haven't won etc.

Few seasons ago I wouldn't have been @rsed, right now, I'd much rather we were still in it

I don't care. If we go out, oh well. If we go through, oh well. If we win it, well done, excellent, but it should never be a focus for the club. Key word bolded.

The manager clearly agrees, as do the majority of Premier League managers.

Wait, what? I thought you've just told me to stop saying things that aren't true about you because I said you said you didn't care?

?????

I've had a season ticket since 1969.

It is quite clear to me that the premise of your question is absurd. The stature of clubs waxes and wanes over time. Huddersfield were a big club once.

Any club and it's fans (WHATEVER their age) wants to win every competition it is in, otherwise there is no point in entering.

Being blase about defeat is stupid in my opinion.

Agree with the bold bit - Birmingham have went up and down and are a sleeping giant, for example. But their league positions has perhaps dictated when certain competitions become more relevant. We're still a top 8 Premier League side, so that's why it's a bit confusing for me.

I don't think people are understanding what I'm saying - I'm not talking about wanting to win a trophy, I'm saying whether the League Cup should be a focus for the club, and the secondary question is whether a trophy win would make you feel that Everton were a "bigger" club on the domestic and European stage.

But every club of note rotate their squad in this competition, because they feel there's a greater need elsewhere. Clubs in danger of relegation don't want the fixture pile-up, and clubs pushing for Europe don't. Why should Everton be any different? We're pushing for Europe in the league this season surely?

The easiest way to reach europe is through the league cup, though.

It definitely does in the short term. We know who we are and what we've done but the LC would be a boost. It means we get in to Europe, it means we appeal to more players.

I disagree mate

If they want to come they will regardless of playing in some jarg second string CL comp

Status
Not open for further replies.