• OUT

Votes: 727 84.4%
  • Shake it all about

Votes: 82 9.5%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
His only role is not finding players.

He is responsible for overarching football matters at the club, coordinating the entire set-up.

But like, what does that even mean?

Coordinating the entire set up? Is he just an Academy and scouting manager then?

The fact that we are debating it right now shows the quality of the information received from the club about it. I remember seeing it mentioned on the AGM PowerPoint. Anyone remember what was said then?

Esk saying the board are interfering with his plans.

Oh dear same old
I ALMOST want this window to be another shambles with Koeman leaving just so SOMETHING happens with the absolutely useless tits in the board. My biggest gripe with Moshiri was that he didn't sack Elstone day 1.

It really can only go on for so long when all parties involved have said explicitly "it will not happen again".

I find it a bit strange that we are haggling over a few million quid when we were making world record 60 million pound transfer bids just a few months ago.

But like, what does that even mean?

Coordinating the entire set up? Is he just an Academy and scouting manager then?

The fact that we are debating it right now shows the quality of the information received from the club about it. I remember seeing it mentioned on the AGM PowerPoint. Anyone remember what was said then?

He's the Director of Football...

I think his words were along the lines of "I am responsible for all footballing aspects at the club"

Did he though? Or does he just identify targets like others have been telling me. I can't work out if he is just a glorified chief scout or if he actually goes to the negotiating table.

His job is a mix of many things. The job of a Director of Football is as such:

1 - acts as an intermediary between the manager and the board, manager wants a player and then tells Steve Walsh
2 - relieves pressure on a manager so the manager can focus on the team
3 - oversees the signing of players, this is the entire process from initial contact to the contract signing
4 - establishes a bigger and better scouting system

They are essentially a recruitment consultant.

1 - acts as an intermediary between the manager and the board, manager wants a player and then tells Steve Walsh
3 - oversees the signing of players, this is the entire process from initial contact to the contract signing

Yeah, with at times a broader remit e.g If RK believes the team is weak on the left and needs a left footed Defensive midfielder then Walsh will trawl the options and work out with RK who their number one target should be. From reading little snippets over the months I believe that this also includes the U23s in a similar manner, Unsy identifies the weaknesses and works with Walsh to fill them. Although Unsy has been adept at doing this himself prior to Walsh arriving. You could see the fit with Lookman, we have nobody else like himat U23s level or coming through , but the Bolassie injury also impacted on the decision re potential for the first team squad. If it works as it should, and I know no reason why it shouldn't/isn't, then it becomes a nice joined up bit of football management. It may take 12 months to see the full benefits.

So obviously a new role to Walsh that he hasn't done before?

Getting loads of people telling me that this isn't the case and he has nothing to do with that. Seems like nobody knows for sure and everyone is giving their best guess.

Yeah, with at times a broader remit e.g If RK believes the team is weak on the left and needs a left footed Defensive midfielder then Walsh will trawl the options and work out with RK who their number one target should be. From reading little snippets over the months I believe that this also includes the U23s in a similar manner, Unsy identifies the weaknesses and works with Walsh to fill them. Although Unsy has been adept at doing this himself prior to Walsh arriving. You could see the fit with Lookman, we have nobody else like himat U23s level or coming through , but the Bolassie injury also impacted on the decision re potential for the first team squad. If it works as it should, and I know no reason why it shouldn't/isn't, then it becomes a nice joined up bit of football management. It may take 12 months to see the full benefits.

So obviously a new role to Walsh that he hasn't done before?

Getting loads of people telling me that this isn't the case and he has nothing to do with that. Seems like nobody knows for sure and everyone is giving their best guess.

Precisely, i think its foolish that people think hes going to overturn the club after 5 months, theres a larger plan to think of.
Considering he was only a scout at Leicester then yeah, so he needs to get used to the role first. You cant blaze into a job the first few months and sign Messi. It takes time, think of how many prospects there are out there to choose from and the amount of scouts at his disposal

I ALMOST want this window to be another shambles with Koeman leaving just so SOMETHING happens with the absolutely useless tits in the board. My biggest gripe with Moshiri was that he didn't sack Elstone day 1.

It really can only go on for so long when all parties involved have said explicitly "it will not happen again".

I find I agree but what I don't get is that Moshiri would be a willing accomplice in a situation where there is supposedly more cash than ever before to spend, and we can't spend it.

Schneiderlin + Lookman = Sissoko. If that's the net result by February 1 with a few outgoings on loan then I think they'll all be well pleased down at USM Finch Farm.

2 windows down and by July 1 Moshiri will be here 16 months. A £30m or so net outlay isn't a bad curb on spending when the natives are very restless and there is a stadium to be paid for.

I think Moshiri will be benevolent towards us but as for me I've realised that funding big sprees in advance of a £300m plus stadium move isn't likely to happen, I don't know why I didn't see that before.

Bill and Bob are used to being hung out to dry, they'll gladly reprise such roles to be there when BMD gets announced.

I find I agree but what I don't get is that Moshiri would be a willing accomplice in a situation where there is supposedly more cash than ever before to spend, and we can't spend it.

Schneiderlin + Lookman = Sissoko. If that's the net result by February 1 with a few outgoings on loan then I think they'll all be well pleased down at USM Finch Farm.

2 windows down and by July 1 Moshiri will be here 16 months. A £30m or so net outlay isn't a bad curb on spending when the natives are very restless and there is a stadium to be paid for.

I think Moshiri will be benevolent towards us but as for me I've realised that funding big sprees in advance of a £300m plus stadium move isn't likely to happen, I don't know why I didn't see that before.

Bill and Bob are used to being hung out to dry, they'll gladly reprise such roles to be there when BMD gets announced.

If our expenditure in January is limited to about 30 million, then I don't think we have even spent the additional money from the new TV deal for this season, and we will still yet to have seen Moshiri invest in the playing squad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back