• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Strachan walks

Status
Not open for further replies.
bet his little legs were goin' 10 to the dozen.

the short arsed ginger tw@.

Spent a day in the away end at o.t. (right in the corner) givin' him constant abuse, they must have had a corner every 30 seconds and I was over the railings right in his face every time, ended up where the whole corner was goin ape at him constantly. Was funny as feck.

Ripped up his contact in front of his boss.

Classy.

Its funny that all the Rangers/Celtic top dogs he nicked to play for Boro are plain turd. Shows the standard of the league up there.

Ripped up his contact in front of his boss.

Classy.

Its funny that all the Rangers/Celtic top dogs he nicked to play for Boro are plain turd. Shows the standard of the league up there.

I don't entirely agree with your judgement.

The scottish league is a lot weaker than the EPL. But those players have played CL's matches.

I would say that the kind of football played in the championship is a lot different from the one that is played in Scotland and in the EPL.

Look at Blackpool. A side with great spirit. But are they EPL material? Not likely. They play like the old school sides in Britain. EPL is a lot different from the First Division of the 80's and the 90's.

This style might be good for the Championship, where the style is rougher and teams play a lesser football. The same thing goes around, the players brought by Strachan are more used to play the ball rather than fight for the ball.

I'd say that it's the players qualities that are not suitable for such a rough competition. And not that they have no quality.

I don't entirely agree with your judgement.

The scottish league is a lot weaker than the EPL. But those players have played CL's matches.

I would say that the kind of football played in the championship is a lot different from the one that is played in Scotland and in the EPL.

Look at Blackpool. A side with great spirit. But are they EPL material? Not likely. They play like the old school sides in Britain. EPL is a lot different from the First Division of the 80's and the 90's.

This style might be good for the Championship, where the style is rougher and teams play a lesser football
. The same thing goes around, the players brought by Strachan are more used to play the ball rather than fight for the ball.

I'd say that it's the players qualities that are not suitable for such a rough competition. And not that they have no quality.

That's not really fair on Blackpool, Ollie based their style on Barca and they played 433 every game last season and got promoted playing great football. Good footballing teams do best in the Championship look at Leeds, Norwich, Millwall all played good football in L1 and have carried it on this season and are doing well. Only Coventry are proper long ball in Championship to my knowledge.

That's not really fair on Blackpool, Ollie based their style on Barca and they played 433 every game last season and got promoted playing great football. Good footballing teams do best in the Championship look at Leeds, Norwich, Millwall all played good football in L1 and have carried it on this season and are doing well. Only Coventry are proper long ball in Championship to my knowledge.

My point wasn´t exactly to say that long ball teams will prevail. I was trying to point that players who are used to play against european sides or against clearly worst opponents (like thy did in Scotland) aren't up to a new style of opponentes week in week out, like the one in the championship.

I can understand that you will find some of championship sides to play some great football according to the references you have.

If you compare a continental side to any team in the championship, I'd say that the ball would be hoofed more often by the championship side.

Everton hoofs the ball a lot. I wouldn't call us a long ball side "per se". But I wouldn't say that we are an example of good pass to feet style.

To be honest to you, I don't really know Blackpool. I just saw their last match against City. They lift the ball enough times for someone used to watch southern europe football, like I am, to call them old school. But I can accept a view from someone whose references are different from mine.

My point wasn´t exactly to say that long ball teams will prevail. I was trying to point that players who are used to play against european sides or against clearly worst opponents (like thy did in Scotland) aren't up to a new style of opponentes week in week out, like the one in the championship.

I can understand that you will find some of championship sides to play some great football according to the references you have.

If you compare a continental side to any team in the championship, I'd say that the ball would be hoofed more often by the championship side.

Everton hoofs the ball a lot. I wouldn't call us a long ball side "per se". But I wouldn't say that we are an example of good pass to feet style.

To be honest to you, I don't really know Blackpool. I just saw their last match against City. They lift the ball enough times for someone used to watch southern europe football, like I am, to call them old school. But I can accept a view from someone whose references are different from mine.

I see where your coming. Fair point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back