Strikers needed

Status
Not open for further replies.
he's 6ft 3 in power house,good at holding the ball up.think of stracqualirsi but alot better all round.could feed jelavic or bring him on off the bench,as jelavic will be no 1 next season,so on a free must be a no brainer.

messi1u.jpg

I think a return for AJ would suit our needs best short term, but honestly I think Grant Holt is good enough for one of the top clubs the way he's played this season, maybe a one season wonder maybe not.

How is Pavel free! He was only on loan at fulham, he belongs to some German outfi! Don't rate grant at all, thankfully not likely with what Norwich are looking for and what he is in wages!

Stephen fletcher for me, but it won't happen! I think Owen or Rodellega could be options - if we stumped up for a couple of mill signing on and creative contracts - but that will depend on what else is on the table for them - see ba demba!

Fully expect to see aj at whu or qpr!

Moyes will NOT play 2 strikers! He's said before he favours 1 up top. That's not a digg at moyes from my part, in the modern game 1 up top with a No10 playmaker midfielder behind is generally the best option unless you can get a Rooney, tevez type striker who also can do the No10 role as well but let's be honest they cost the sort of money we can't afford.

So I expect jelavic will be our lone striker again next year. We will need a backup to play as a lone striker for when jelavic is unavailable. He could well think he's already got that in vellios and vic. He may bring in another striker for playing 2 up top but that again will only be a player to come off the bench when were trying to get a winner!

I think people should forget about the likes of holt ect.. It's not gonna happen.
For me bring in Donovan... Our first choice RW but can also play up top in a 2 if need be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back