STUBHUB and EVERTON FC DUPING CUSTOMERS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pisagua

Player Valuation: Free Transfer
I am an Everton fan living in the US.
Stubhub sold me two tickets for (then) Feb 23 match against Manchester City fully knowing that match would not take place on that date.
They used false advertising of the date knowingly. The match has been moved forward to February 6. Even knowing that they continued to advertise and sell tickets for Feb 23.
This was not unexpected or force majeure.
They will not refund, they will not even allow me to re-list the tickets (at a lower price) in the EvertonFC - Stubhub site.
This is really not Ok.

The crux of the issue is the fact that the premier league believe it is acceptable to move a fixture with minimal notice, despite the fact that fans, especially those who are away fans or are traveling from abroad, have organized schedules and spent significant money to attend. It's a disgrace really.

For your issue, I would imagine if you can get a competent customer service person to help you (versus a canned response), they will provide you with a refund particularly given the situation. I'd try escalating within Stubhub first as EFC are just using them as a ticketing partner and likely have no control; if that doesn't work, contact the club as they are typically very thoughtful when it comes to issues and may be able to help.

I am an Everton fan living in the US.
Stubhub sold me two tickets for (then) Feb 23 match against Manchester City fully knowing that match would not take place on that date.
They used false advertising of the date knowingly. The match has been moved forward to February 6. Even knowing that they continued to advertise and sell tickets for Feb 23.
This was not unexpected or force majeure.
They will not refund, they will not even allow me to re-list the tickets (at a lower price) in the EvertonFC - Stubhub site.
This is really not Ok.

Do you live in California by any chance?

If you do then their headquarters is in San Francisco:

StubHub
199 Fremont Street, Floor 4
San Francisco, CA 94105

My advice would be to hire a digger and drive it straight into the building lobby, then just start dismantling everything in sight. Show them they can’t just mug you off like this.

Oh look a big company ripping people off by playing middle man.

No company ever for big by being fair and honest. I make a point of never dealing with them.

Hope you get it sorted.

Are you allowed to buy and use tickets on Stubhub if its not your age group? The price doesn't go down if its a concession ticket so are you meant to upgrade it when you buy it, or just not buy it at all?

Last edited:

95C352AA-B9B3-4BAE-9052-872D9C908CE2.webp

It literally says this before you choose your tickets for the love of Christ.

Are you allowed to buy and use tickets on Stubhub if its not your age group? The price doesn't go down if its a concession ticket so are you meant to upgrade it when you buy it, or just not buy it at all?

You can upgrade when you pick the ticket up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back