• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disagree, he is mentally disturbed.

Not really - lets face it, if he was genuinely mentally ill it would probably manifest itself in other areas of his life. Since we are all told that he is a normal human being off the pitch, and since all of his actions (with the possible exception of the Bakkal one) have a clear potential gain for him/his team as a potential outcome, he is just a cheat in much the same way that your common or garden amoral banker, politician, criminal or philanderer is.

He's made a mockery of his club for going out of their way to claim he's a changed man, so it's not all bad!

He isnt mentally ill though - every time he has done something like he did today, he has had a clear reason and a clear potential for gain from doing what he did. The same goes for the Ghana incident (which IMHO is still the worst thing he has ever done, given what might have happened if they had won that game), the Evra one, the stamp on Distin, all the dives etc etc. Suggesting that there might be something wrong with him excuses his quite clear, quite deliberate actions - the man is just a cheat.

Idk, I think its quite a leap to go from stomping someone or deliberate handball to biting someone. One is a snidey move used by just about everyone at some point, biting is on another mental and moral level. If he wants Ivanovich or Chiellini out of the game then rake their hamstrings or dive. Why bite? That'll upset them sure but it won't take them out of the game. I don't think you can put his diving, handballs, and stamps in the same category as biting.

Also agree, as an African that handball is the worst thing he has ever done in my eyes.

All these people saying he needs "help". That's all well and good, completely agree. But here's the thing - he can receive that help whilst not being a danger to his fellow pros.

He should be banned for a year, possibly two, take proper treatment to cure his impulsivity issues and hopefully come back a better person - doubt it, but that's the hope. The only thing I'm absolutely certain about is that he should not be allowed to play the sport of football professionally for a long, long time.

I seriously think there is something mentally wrong with Suarez. Even a 3 year old would know not to bite if you've already done it twice before, and they would understand the consequences better. Suarez needs help.

Suarez_Cone.jpg.jpg

The bit I don't get was that they were level when he did it.

Many of us have elbowed someone or threw in a nasty challenge in frustration when losing a big game - wrong but understandable.

Maybe things weren't going his way but, let's say for argument's sake that Chiellini was standing on his toes and blocking his runs - could he not have just got on with it knowing his team had a chance?

He's just a nutcase really, isn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back