• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
And it sounds like FIFA is going to hand out their ban later today, depending on what evidence Uruguay puts up in defense

Anything more than 6 or 7 International matches would be excessive IMO until they start banning other players who have consistently engaged in dangerous play as well

utterly mental really. I wake up this morning and check the world cup news. First thing I see is this. I wasnt sure whether to laugh or cry in disbelief that he's done it again

And it sounds like FIFA is going to hand out their ban later today, depending on what evidence Uruguay puts up in defense

Anything more than 6 or 7 International matches would be excessive IMO until they start banning other players who have consistently engaged in dangerous play as well

There's a big difference between a dodgy tackle or an elbow when you're angry and biting someone like a wild ferret for seemingly no reason.

tbh mate I could actually see Fifa giving him a one year ban, particularly given that this is his 3rd time reoffending and it is quite simply one not behaviour that is acceptable or at place on a football field and two that because it is such a high profile incident has placed the good name of Football and Fifa (not that it has one like) under scrutiny and has damaged the worlds image of football. I also think the FA and UEFA are likely to be handing out bans also.

There's a big difference between a dodgy tackle or an elbow when you're angry and biting someone like a wild ferret for seemingly no reason.

What's more dangerous, getting some teeth marks into your shoulder or tearing ligaments in your knee and being out for up to a year or more?

I think they should disallow both his goals against England giving Roy and his boys a one nil victory and four points and a route into the last 16.

Then Saurez should have all his teeth removed and be forced to wear a muzzle when out in the open.

Reckon FIFA will attempt to right their recent wrongs and give him a ridiculously large ban to please keyboard warriors?

Reckon FIFA will attempt to right their recent wrongs and give him a ridiculously large ban to please keyboard warriors?

And that's probably not far from the truth, tbh...An attempt to deflect attention from how corrupt FIFA actually is by handing out an impressive ban for a player that is one of the most disliked

Still, I think a heavy ban would be just that, excessive...Much prefer dangerous players, in general, banned rather than bowing to public pressure to make an example of a colorful nut like Luis

Adidas should have made a muzzle for him, think of all that advertising space not being used up!

And that's probably not far from the truth, tbh...An attempt to deflect attention from how corrupt FIFA actually is by handing out an impressive ban for a player that is one of the most disliked

Still, I think a heavy ban would be just that, excessive...Much prefer dangerous players, in general, banned rather than bowing to public pressure to make an example of a colorful nut like Luis

I don't think it should be anymore than the 8 Tassotti got in 1994.

I just hope they act quickly so we can get back to talking about football again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back