• Participation within this subforum is only available to members who have had 5+ posts approved elsewhere.

Suarez's Punishment

Status
Not open for further replies.
What's more dangerous, getting some teeth marks into your shoulder or tearing ligaments in your knee and being out for up to a year or more?

In terms of health and safety of the employees on the pitch, the bite by some distance. It's not even comparable; one is something that can happen at any time during the normal course of playing football, the other is actual assault.

tumblr_mlnxkf6ern1sp06eqo1_400.gif

Made me chuckle, not seen it before.

Biting someone as it transmits disease.

Thats not the point really is it? The point is that a human being has carried out a criminal offence 3 times and its in the media, this SHOULD be a prison sentence and at the very least a ban for X years and compensation to chiellini.

What's more dangerous, getting some teeth marks into your shoulder or tearing ligaments in your knee and being out for up to a year or more?

8? Are you serious? How many times did this Tassoti do it?

As a bit of context, in rugby the England hooker (and sometime captain) Dylan Hartley was banned for 8 weeks for biting a player in 2012.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-union/17527026

According to that Beeb article, the minimum punishment for biting in rugby is 12 weeks, with the strongest up to 4 years, so there is clearly scope there to consider, presumably, things such as the severity of the bite and the past conduct of the player.

In Suarez' case, the bite itself was fairly tame (nothing was bitten off for instance), but he does have past form in this regard. It's a truly bizarre thing for him to continue doing, and I can't see him participating in the World Cup again.

Tassotti tried to take out his opponent. 8 match ban is fine.

Suarez did something similar but it is so far beyond the pale that 8 matches is only the starting point on the scale. It was ASSAULT which is an offence for which he can go to prison - and that is even before we think in terms of a football ban. Chiellini should be thinking in terms of bringing an action against him under English Law (where Suarez resides). Such an action might hasten Suarez's departure from these shores (hopefully).

Tabarez: Suarez is being persecuted
Posted at 10:21
_75816225_451169142.jpg

Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez opted for the Arsene Wenger approach when asked about Luis Suarez's alleged bite on Giorgio Chiellini.
Tabarez said he did not see the incident and added: "It seems there is this animosity toward him [Suarez] and he is being persecuted by past events.
"There are people hiding behind the tree, waiting for something to happen."

that's a nice uruguayan top he's wearing. what a scum of a manager. "past events ffs"

And that's probably not far from the truth, tbh...An attempt to deflect attention from how corrupt FIFA actually is by handing out an impressive ban for a player that is one of the most disliked

Still, I think a heavy ban would be just that, excessive...Much prefer dangerous players, in general, banned rather than bowing to public pressure to make an example of a colorful nut like Luis

OK, so can we get him done on this basis then mate, yeah?

ijEPrJIiKpVln.gif

have you guys seen logano's comments, literally wtf

''You need to show me the incident, because I didn't see anything. Did you see it today or did you see what happened in other years? You couldn't have seen it today because nothing happened. Chiellini’s attitude is worst of all. He's a great player, with an enormous status. It doesn't correspond with Italian football. As sportsmen leaving the field, crying and appealing against a rival. As a man, he disappointed me totally.'

this combined with the managers comments and the Uruguayan press... is their entire country made up of really thick snides or something ?

_75816225_451169142.jpg

Uruguay coach Oscar Tabarez opted for the Arsene Wenger approach when asked about Luis Suarez's alleged bite on Giorgio Chiellini.
Tabarez said he did not see the incident and added: "It seems there is this animosity toward him [Suarez] and he is being persecuted by past events.

that's a nice uruguayan top he's wearing. what a scum of a manager. "past events ffs"

tbf i have been hiding behind a tree

_75816225_451169142.jpg

That's a picture of the Honduras manager, who happens to be called Luis Suarez too.

i believe he should get the maximum punishment, not for the fact of the act, but because he then went on to feign injury and now still isn't apologizing or admitting to the offence, but trying to make FIFA look like utter muppets.

why would you accept that from someone, he's trying to take the piss out of them with his lying, needs to be made an example of for more than just the act of biting for a 3rd time.

if i go around doing that to people on the street, i don't just get suspended from my work for a couple of months do i?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Welcome to GrandOldTeam

Get involved. Registration is simple and free.

Back